Greenhouse: Hollys Greenhouse HFGH, 2 by HollyAnnS

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright HollyAnnS

In reply to: Hollys Greenhouse HFGH

Forum: Greenhouse

Back to postNext photo >>>
Photo of Hollys Greenhouse  HFGH
HollyAnnS wrote:
All in all the kit was pretty well made as far as fit and completeness. I did modify it a good bit for strength, I don't think the cost of mods. was too great, and the support system can be used for hanging baskets during early growing season. It has withstood our Oct. blizzard and 55mph winds, knock on wood.
The electric will be run through the conduit and I have a pile of cast iron radiators I have been saving in the barn for at least 15 years that will be painted and installed before the benches go up, I plan to connect these to solar collectors on the barn roof. The remainder of the heat will come from a mobile home furnace (also in the barn) that will be installed in the yet to be built head house. Vent fans and thermostats will be installed similar to mudhouses.
I did try to include small touches to try to make things a little cutesy, trying to achieve a cottage garden look. Efforts will continue and I will post our progress.
Once again, Many thanks to Sheri (oldmudhouse) and all that contributed to her blog, all their trial and error helped with our sucess. xoxox Ric