Greenhouse: Hollys Greenhouse HFGH, 4 by HollyAnnS

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright HollyAnnS

In reply to: Hollys Greenhouse HFGH

Forum: Greenhouse

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of Hollys Greenhouse  HFGH
HollyAnnS wrote:
I felt the ends were shaky at best, and since my greatest wind load is from the back, I did the same as recommended by mudhouse, I ran a piece of EMT from one corner to the other across the back wall. It made a world on difference. It's the part in pic 1 with the green tag. The front posed a different problem because of door guides and such, I purchased a piece of 1" aluminum angle (about $20) and superimposed it over the factory assembly by using longer bolts and was well worth the cost.
The gables and rafters were next, these require extra bolts as you assemble them as well. (Don't forget bolts for the purlins if you are adding them.) Assembling the whole roof finger tight helped me get it all together.
All the walls were paneled in one day to prevent wind damage. I found trying to glaze the panels before securing them was a bit messy and unpredictable. I think I may have gotten double clips with our HFGH, I'm still sitting on a bunch of them.
The roof was next and I did glaze it as it was installed as I only have 36" arms and haven't prefected hovering.LOL Ric