Photo by Melody

Central Midwest Gardening: February 2012- Cold or Warm?, 2 by shortleaf

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright shortleaf

In reply to: February 2012- Cold or Warm?

Forum: Central Midwest Gardening

Back to post
Photo of February 2012- Cold or Warm?
shortleaf wrote:
Yes, they are adorable babies. 1800grandma, that's funny! I am dead wrong about Missouri, it is very interesting. I was just trying to be funny and I ended up being more worried about insulting my friends.
I've pretty much been all over Missouri, this is a real nice state. I would love to go to Hannibal, Johnson Shut-Ins (and Elephant Rocks) and Mingo State Park yet.
Steelville, MO. used to be the population center of the United States, I've driven thru Steelville, neat city - http://www.steelville.com/ . I agree, Missouri is unique alright, it's not pronounced "misery" or "missourah" (much anymore), it is Mi-zer-ee!

Oh, no-bake cookies are real good! My Grandma used to make them, for some reason she called them Macaroons. We get them now store-bought, they are good, but there is no comparison to the ones made at home. They are just the right amount of coconut (I think) and chocolate!

It's time for the Metropolitan Flower, Lawn and Garden show at the American Royal this weekend! You can even save a dollar off admission by showing your Price Chopper Shopper card at the ticket counter.

Ewww.. they're talking about very cold air moving in! Well, I guess no very early Spring here dangit, the sprouting flowers and stuff are just going to have to sit there!
I inserted a photo of the Daffodils thinking about coming up already!

West Plains is a neat city, there is so much around that city, the Mark Twain National Forest, Grand Gulf State Park, Mammoth Springs State Park, (which actually, is just across the border in AR., but still nice), I've been to them all. We still have the book West Plains As I Knew It in the ahem.. bathroom. I was reading more of it earlier, that city has such a neat history. I was reading about the history of the "Grand Gulf" today, there, very interesting. We can't bring ourselves to move some stuff since my friend's Mom passed, the mini-fridge in her room still has her stuff in it. Did you know the mascot for the West Plains high school is The Zizzers?! Hehe.. look at the road sign in one of the pics in West Plains I took! I think they got the mascot name from that highway! My roommate's (and friend's) Mom was from West Plains.

Wow, this Good Morning America video is worth seeing for parents with little kids, it has a good ending - http://gma.yahoo.com/video/parenting-26594265/little-girl-fi...
The ad for that is one that is even worth watching! Well, it's different than I thought. It has a rotating ad, it's not the one about electric cars that I liked, all the time.
Will

This message was edited Feb 11, 2012 8:08 PM