Australian and New Zealand Gardening: TEA ROOM # 100, 1 by DawnSong

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright DawnSong

In reply to: TEA ROOM # 100

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of TEA  ROOM  # 100
DawnSong wrote:
Good morning everyone. Gosh, is it finally over? Has been so hectic. Charleen, so glad Isabelle's hoof is oK. And that black cat has the sweetest little face......... Barry and I had our Christmas dinner in the park, overlooking the river (which was quite brown, and flowing very fast). No critters came to share our lunch, but we enjoyed watching the tiny colourful wrens and the butterflies flitting here and there.

Yesterday was the main family day and the morning was hectic. First an hour's drive to pick up Barry's mother, then over to drop her off at Barry's brothers place. Ian couldn't drive as he'd had surgery on his hand 2 days earlier.

Then over to my sisters place to swap pressies and enjoy some nibbles with a cuppa. Running late by now, we then headed back to Ian's only to find others were running even later, so in a way we caught up time wise.

So many presents under the tree, it took up half the lounge, almost. 4 generations of family members and their spouses, it was such fun to watch the young ones opening their pressies. One of the girls had her 16th birthday on Christmas Day, so we were celebrating that too.

Couldn't resist this pic of the flowering yuccas just up the road from me. Weren't we talking about these only recently?

Karen