Australian and New Zealand Gardening: TEA ROOM # 96, 1 by 77sunset

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright 77sunset

In reply to: TEA ROOM # 96

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of TEA  ROOM  # 96
77sunset wrote:
Good morning everyone. This morning there is fog. Next thing it will be snowing. Talk about all weathers in a day.
Yesterday was showery in the morning then a bit better after lunch.
I planted some salvias around the base of the brugs in the ground. Should help with keeping the weeds down and also keep the ground moist .
Hubby has just come in after feeding the "children: ( magpies) He saw our little resident wallaby in the yard. The little fellow must know his way around by now as he has been here over a week. He may have been here a bit longer as there are lots of hiding places in the jungle.
He has eaten leaves from the loganberries and also some of the camellia leaves. I see also where he pruned one of the taller roses I had not done .
Helpful critter. He never seems to damage any plants and I hope he stays around. Nice having him out there even if we dont see him much.
Wallabies are shy creatures but not so skittish as kangaroos. You will often see the wallabies sitting sitting on the side of roads. They look up from their munching but dont hop away unless frightened. Kangaroos will usually take off as soon as they see you.

Hello Louise. so lovely to hear about the girls again. Did you find any plants taking over the garden aside from weeds? Quite often there will be one plant that will take advantage of not being watched.
I hope you are having a rest day today.
We all know that feeling of just getting that last little bit done.

Hello Charleen, I love your hens wandering around. The foxes would eat them here. I do miss my pretty girls .
Pats for Charley & friends.

Hello Chisssy, love those dogs on that video. Very funny.
Hope all is coming along well with your brother now.
Dont forget to take some" me time".

Hello Dianne, lots of lovely irises out now. I have so many buds still to come, but the epis are slow.

Hello Elaine, I have anew hat and some hair for my Michael. I will post a pic when I get him all spruced up.

Hello Anthony, lots of lilium buds here now. I am waiting to see which flower first. Going to be colorful.

Hello Colleen, your epis look good. Must be the warmer area over there. Mine are sitting there looking at me.

Hello Karen, Teresa, and everyone else popping in.

I will leave you with something yummy.. Cant resist chocolate. Heres a rich Chocolate Cake.
Have a great day.
Jean.