Photo by Melody
Announcements
The ability to post new threads and comments is currently off-line. We are working to restore this feature.

Central Midwest Gardening: October 2011 - National yardwork month in most states, 1 by billyporter

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright billyporter

In reply to: October 2011 - National yardwork month in most states

Forum: Central Midwest Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of October 2011 - National yardwork month in most states
billyporter wrote:
Rusty, it's nice to know they got them built so fast!

Crit, we're warming bck up too. Woo hoo!

Birdie, it would be cool to try it once. I was just reading that a person salts the cream first so the white salt streaks aren't in the butter. I think I read that in the Farm Journal cookbook last night, LOL! I am thinking myself into making bread when I can't be outside any more.

Christmas has become a nightmare for those reasons exactly! It's time for some fun. Give them money as their main giftand then buy boy and girl gifts. Everyone takes a box from under the tree and has fun with what they get. Girls could be a Bed and Bath gift, boys...boys are harder, but you get the idea :o)

I spent yesterday trimming the iris, then burning the trimmings. I didn't get finished, but have a longer nicer day today! We didn't get back from DD's and getting groceries, till almost Noon. Then I was trying to transfer geneology obits from a cousin's site to my own folder after dinner. DH went out, then told me I better get out and enjoy the day, so I did!

Then, it was so funny. Yesterday, MaryE was saying her neighbor was going to turn under his tomatoes, so she went and got because her supply, like mine, was dwindling. So I said I should ask my neighbor. ''Said neighbor'' called out to me at the grocery store and we walked in together. I was able to ask about her tomatoes and went over last night and picked two more tubs of various stages of green and red. Yahoo!

Now I can get more roasted tomato sauce in the freezer.

I tore out Monkshood that just never manages to bloom till the day it frosts. I hated to lose it completely, so I buried some in the dirt pile, LOL! I think I'll pot some today and bury the pot. Or maybe find a different spot for it. It should have been happy. I had moved it to the east side of the arborvitaes years ago, out of reach of the walnut tree dripline, and mulched it. I watered it this spring and summer and the stems still went dry and dead. Only a few green remained. These are the common one's too. I have Ivorine, Stainless Steel and Spark's Variety in the South Peony under the walnut trees. I think a few of these are going back with them. The reason I moved them in the first place is that the stems turned black and I thought I would lose it then. I've had them for years and they limp along.

The best part is, that I finally dug the tiger lilies from the Rose Bed. It's been on my to do list for three years! They... DA da da DA, are in the monkshood bed with two, where should I put these, Balloon Flowers between them. I can't wait to see how it looks next year!

I'm trimming the last of the iris today, Woo Hoo!

Will, having computer problems? I hope it's nothing major.

Monkshood in the Fall. It looks bad and barely gets to bloom.