Australian and New Zealand Gardening: TEA ROOM # 96, 1 by 77sunset

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright 77sunset

In reply to: TEA ROOM # 96

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of TEA  ROOM  # 96
77sunset wrote:
Good morning everyone. Its foggy here this morning. Talk about a variety of weather. All I need is snow to round out the list.
Now I dont really want snow. I want a little bit more sun, but from the long range forecast, I may get more than I want in summer.
I did nothing much yesterday as it was a sort of misty day. Enough to make one wet but not enough to water the pots. By late afternoon it was warm.
Hubby is off to Naracoorte today for a meeting so I will just potter around here , checking on all the plants.

Hello Anthony, glad you found us. Yes the liliums at the top of the thread are last years asiatics. This year they are all out in the front cottage garden among the grasses etc.
I have blackbirds here too. Lots of them. I love them around but I just cant get them to sweep the mulch back on the garden when they finish looking for bugs.

We have a family of little flycatchers here that are so very curious and quiet. They come right up to you . They are quite a bit smaller than our other flycatcher, Willy Wagtail.

Moon , I think you have a unique brug there. I wish we could all share it with you.
It does look a bit like Stardancer too ,as Chrissy says. Maybe it is a mutant Stardancer.
You should take cuttings and see if you can propagate more.
I think you should see if you can cross it to a Stardancer plant.
This may be the start of a whole new line.

Charleen, how are those poor starving longears going ?
I like your peach brug. It may darken for you later, but its s till pretty.

Hello Louise. I bet the girls are sensing the imminent excitement of the move now.
Hope you have a safe trip down.

Hello Dianne, Colleen, Karen, Elaine and Chrissy.
Hope you are all going well and no more rain for a while.

Here is something tasty to nibble on with your morning cuppa . Blueberry Muffins
Have a great day and enjoy the weekend.
Jean.