Photo by Melody

Central Midwest Gardening: October 2011 - National yardwork month in most states, 1 by shortleaf

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright shortleaf

In reply to: October 2011 - National yardwork month in most states

Forum: Central Midwest Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of October 2011 - National yardwork month in most states
shortleaf wrote:
Here is my shade garden. I'm not putting all those plants in there, maybe half of them. I just set them all in there to look like something is under progress, not sure what!
See the Ligularia's on the back corners, wow that's pretty big, I'm hoping these don't get that big for awhile! Those 2 Heuchera's I think are the 'Palace Purple's, at least one of them will probably get planted in there.
Those 2 ferns will probably get planted in there as well as at least 2 more Hosta's, maybe the 'Paul's Glory' in the back middle and the 'Patriot' in the front middle, (the one in the basket that says "apples" on it).
I have yet to get some Lily-Of-The-Valleys to go in there somewhere, but if I don't produce some Lily-Of-The-Valleys I'm toast! I am thinking the ferns somewhere in the back, but I better start planting in random places, if a machined look comes out, I am also toast!

Oh, no open burning for me! It's not allowed in Independence at any time. Technically, I live about 3 blocks outside of the Independence, MO. city limits, in Sugar Creek, but it also doesn't allow open burning at anytime.
It is DRY, they said on the news, this is 16 days without rain!

Thanks Pepper, I'll check out the County Fair.
Will

This message was edited Oct 4, 2011 10:26 PM