Photo by Melody

Canadian Gardening: What's happening in YOUR neck of the woods-chat with friends, 1 by fancyvan

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright fancyvan

In reply to: What's happening in YOUR neck of the woods-chat with friends

Forum: Canadian Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of What's happening in YOUR neck of the woods-chat with friends
fancyvan wrote:
It is a sad day here.
Yesterday got a phone call to say the gal I trained and worked with for 20 years had died. She had breast cancer treated last year which I did not know about and after a few months it returned ferosciouslly ( darn cant spell that!) and invaded everywhere in her body. She was about 55 years, single mom ,two young adult kids one of them still living at home .

Last evening a call from a foster family, the dog we have been looking after as an emergency foster ( lady left abusive situation) started to throw up and behave oddly, waited overnight, still same, to vet first thing this morning, no idea what is wrong everything from infection to you name it, no chance to really know without doing further tests. Owner is now up north a ways trying to get her life sorted out , talks on the phone, she has no money for anything so asked to euthanise the dog. He is a sweetie, 13 years old, going blind and deaf. Vet and foster mom and I chatted to see what was the least we could at least try and with owners consent left at vet for 24 hours IV as he was severely dehydrated and high temp. Rescue group will pay cost.
I went in to see him just before they closed this afternoon and I would say he was in a coma, had definitely gone down hill as he had been able to walk in the morning.Did not even respond when I petted him or the vet tech cleaned him up after diarhhea. Vet said he will check on him late this evening, otherwise he will alone overnight, I felt bad about that but really not much choice except to send him on his way over the bridge. I really doubt he will survive the night. We will never know what was wrong but probably something that has been happening for a long time and suddenly the symptoms show. Like a slow growing cancer. Sad !