Photo by Melody

Weather: August, any relief in sight?, 1 by billyporter

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright billyporter

In reply to: August, any relief in sight?

Forum: Weather

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of August, any relief in sight?
billyporter wrote:
65°/83° Through 10am: Mostly sunny with temperatures steady or slowly warming to the upper 60s. Mostly sunny. Winds NW at 10 to 20 mph.

Lou, yes you do! We filled in the left side, and I filled in the right side yesterday. DH worked hard at lifting a little sidewalk and designing a new water sluice at the end for any water that doesn't go down the driveway. We have a 50 gallon barrel buried and the boards on top are rotten. Time to make new ones. He's standing at the beginning of the sidewalk.

Thanks everyone :o)

Sasha, we already love it! The curbs came about because the yard ended up a lot taller than the driveway. We've shaved it off and are making a gentle slope down to it. We knew it would be low, but how low, was a lot! They suggested curbs and they really helped! And yes, they will direct the water :o)

I make too many trips across the driveway, so I won't be planting along side it. It's tempting, but no.

Pepper, it's such a shame to lose your garden.

We got to babysit at our house Sunday. I just got done mowing and had a washrag bath and changed my clothes, LOL!