Photo by Melody

Accessible Gardening: #11-Practical Matters for Physically Challenged Gardeners, 1 by lovemyhouse

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright lovemyhouse

In reply to: #11-Practical Matters for Physically Challenged Gardeners

Forum: Accessible Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of #11-Practical Matters for Physically Challenged Gardeners
lovemyhouse wrote:
Katie, think I'm going to get some of that glow powder myself, thanks.

Hug, Vickie!

Jim, the watermark is "A zone above the flower's throat which is lighter in color than the petal color. " These two have eyes. "A darker colored zone on the petals and sepals of the flower just above the throat. Notice that in the examples below the eye pattern also appears on the sepals. If the dark pattern only appears on the petals, it as called a band." There are specific definitions for each little variation, and I doubt I will ever get them all. I just know what I like. LOL

Nadine, keep paying attention to the dogs. They know whats what most of the time. :-)

Carrie, how is it going with the 576 plugs?

Afternoon, Sheri. :-)

Kay, how about a photo of the haircut? You can have them take it from the back if you don't like having your picture made.

Y'all check this out. (Hey, I've lived in Texas since 1971. AND I was conceived in Waco, so I kin use them suthrun werds sumtimes. ROFL) Saw a thread on another site where a teacher wanted to put in a garden with her class and had no money for anything. They used cardboard boxes and dirt from the schoolyard. And voila! It worked! Day before yesterday, I received a lot of 25 small-fan no ID daylilies. No pots, not a lot of newspaper wrapping when shipped and wayyyyy too hot to be digging. Hmmm. Is they gonna die? Then, this morning, the lightbulb went off. See? I think they will be just fine for some time. The others waiting do have a lot of paper and, as long as I keep the paper at least damp, they will be okay for awhile, too. Daylilies are amazing things.