Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Specialty Gardening: Spring 2011 - Share your pictures and scents, 1 by astcgirl

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright astcgirl

In reply to: Spring 2011 - Share your pictures and scents

Forum: Specialty Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Spring 2011 - Share your pictures and scents
astcgirl wrote:
Meadowyck I may try to rig something up this year but I'm pretty lucky to have the lanai, although it's all the dragging in/out that is hard work. I'm not sure what our association rules are for constructing mini green houses all over my yard LOL then again they have never said anything about the spongebob/dora/princess comforters all over my plants in the winter!

Looking at the link I posted for the tropical wisteria, one other Daves Garden member who posted their picture is in 8b in Texas and it bloomed for them so it may do pretty well for you up there in Bradenton.

My favorite plumeria is blooming right now...it's not as showy as my other ones but the fragrance more than makes up for it, if you could own just a few Plumeria (and EVERYONE should! LOL) then this is a must. It's called Champoo Paan and the fragrance is to die for, it's hard to describe but in between perfume and candy and very strong. Don't get me wrong I love my Aztec Gold Plumeria and it's strong peach fragrance plus it's a little/big bloomaholic but Champoo is just unique and I love it.

Here's a pic, sorry there's not a lot of blooms...I picked about 5 off for my birthday to bring into the house to sniff repeatedly LOL

This message was edited Jul 17, 2011 11:42 AM