Photo by Melody

Accessible Gardening: Practical Matters for Physically Challenged Gardeners #10, 1 by lovemyhouse

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright lovemyhouse

In reply to: Practical Matters for Physically Challenged Gardeners #10

Forum: Accessible Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Practical Matters for Physically Challenged Gardeners #10
lovemyhouse wrote:
Katie, I try to tell my employees thanks or good job often, too. It helps both them and me remember what they do RIGHT. :-)

Okay, so I motivated myself to get dressed and go to the store. Running out of dog chews and toilet paper would have been baaaaaad. :-) Came in and out for an hour and a half, watering a little at a time. Settled back into house clothes--and get a call from the security monitoring station. The store alarm is going off. Get dressed, meet the police at the office, walk all 60,000 square feet of unairconditioned space with them, don't find anything out of place. The boss (who is herding a small gaggle of kids at Dave&Busters) calls our internal security weenie, thinking it's a wire short. Said weenie meets me at the building...and finds one of my bozos closing up the store last night didn't actually LOCK the front door. They locked the steel mesh gates that go across the door, but not the door itself. Wind caught it just right this afternoon and pulled it open enough to set off alarms...sigh...THIS is why I get the bigger bucks and company car. [Although, I gave the boss' daughter the Prius to go to Austin last weekend, and the AC went out on her Jetta. Soooo, I'm driving the company Expedition until it's fixed, which ALSO has a non-working AC. It's been a warm and "interesting" afternoon.]

On a less resigned note :-D: Jim, the When I Dream has bloomed. Looks a lot like the James Clark to me, but maybe will be different after it's bloomed a few times. Whatcha think?