Perennials: Color Echoes VI Color Theory in the Garden , 1 by tabasco

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright tabasco

In reply to: Color Echoes VI Color Theory in the Garden

Forum: Perennials

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Color Echoes VI Color Theory in the Garden
tabasco wrote:

Caitlin, you must join in too. The more the merrier and we all get good ideas and take notes on what works.

I just ordered the book "Color Echoes" from Amazon used books. Who can resist when they are asking One Cent plus postage??! (I think I gave my original copy to my sister so bye bye to that!)

I am working on getting my 'greens' and textures working better in our garden, so thanks for all the good ID-ing Pirl. I'm afraid I've been unable to combine them well on my own!

lincolntess, I knew we could count on you for some Lily pairings. It is interesting to look closely at the blooms and pick up the secondary colors.

Here's another pic from the dappled shade garden I visited. The colors seem truer when they are out of bright sunshine, but I don't know how she gets them to grow so bountifully.

Anyway: Yellow centers on the daisies with yellow daylily. The orange of the Asclepias is echoed in the red/orange daylily. And all over the garden she echoes the dark foliage with other blue/purple foliage. This gal is an artist by training and it really shows in her gardening.