Photo by Melody
Announcements
The ability to post new threads and comments is currently off-line. We are working to restore this feature.

Weather: June, Headlong into SUMMER!, 1 by billyporter

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright billyporter

In reply to: June, Headlong into SUMMER!

Forum: Weather

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of June, Headlong into SUMMER!
billyporter wrote:
68°/83° Variable clouds with scattered thunderstorms. A few storms may be severe.Winds SE at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 50%.

PrissyJo, I''m catching up now :o)

A lot of shade IS nice, except all mine is with walnut trees, and I prefer sun loving plants.

I like the trees you put in. It's a shame about the Ash and the Rose of Sharon dying. The Ash is a good tree. I love fruit and the 11 fruit trees made me sigh. I have two apple trees and only one is old enough to bear.

What a transformation!! Having green grass is the first thing that makes a yard a yard.

Love the shade house! The veggies look good! I'd say you do a pretty good job despite the heat and lack of rain.

Will, if one catnip plant grows, many will pop up everywhere! You need to sow a grass box for them to lay in!

Those are nice throw away cats, and it is cute! They are so funny when catnip is around!

Pepper, tornado watch, sheesh! Lets get on with June!

Oooh, love the coleus!! It really whitens up the petunias!

Bernie, it's a shame the Market was washed out.
The reason for all the weird weather is this:

One culprit was La Niña, a cyclical system of trade winds that cools the waters of the equatorial Pacific. (El Niño is La Niña's warm-water counterpart.)

La Niña (Spanish for "the little girl") can muck with global weather patterns, recurring every few years and lingering for as long as two years. [Weirdo Weather: 7 Rare Weather Events].

La Niña is gone now, but her slow exit — along with a lingering reversal of atmospheric pressure patterns and wind direction in the North Atlantic, called the North Atlantic Oscillation — appears to have been the big driver behind all the wild weather.

"The effects of La Niña were sort of muddled together with the effects of the enhanced North Atlantic Oscillation," said Ed O'Lenic of the Climate Prediction Center.

Ric, I look forward to your butterfly pics and the Zebra is beautiful!!

Pepper, ROTFL!! The neighbor kids are to take out two walnuts on the property line and I can't wait either! I'm really going to miss the shade, but not the sticks and nuts in my flower bed directly under both!

ROTFL, just opened the picture expecting a large tree. You could dig that out easy!! LOL! Let your Dad see you take the shovel out and ask him whare he wants the tree. That may get him going :o)

These are the one's the kids are taking. That's their house and line of Arborvitaes.