Lilies: Let's See New Lilies Sprouting #3, 1 by SteveIndy

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright SteveIndy

In reply to: Let's See New Lilies Sprouting #3

Forum: Lilies

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Let's See New Lilies Sprouting #3
SteveIndy wrote:
Lilylove, thanks so much for the link...what pretty garden shots and love your perennial garden.

Debra, your yellow NOID is beautiful. Looks like an LA lily? Hard to tell by looking at it - is it fragrant? Conca d'Or is a great lily and being a strong, heat-resistant OT is good in our climate. Casablanca, that one I did not have such good luck with. Did OK the first year then declined. Let me know how yours fares!

I really like how the daylilies fill in the gaps...in fact they're dominating the garden scene right now. I am having one the the best daylily seasons I have ever had. If only ya didn't have to deadhead every day for them to not look scraggly :-( Funny - Maxine hates daylilies and Rita (NY) hates peonies. LOL.....I cannot imagine a garden without either.

Donna, have to agree with you on OHG. I love buying from them and their service and customer focus are second to none, but they're just not a realistic source for significant numbers of bulbs for many people due to their prices. I love their hyacinths though and they have many daff varieties well suited to many in the deep south, probably a better selection in that regard than anyone...and their stuff has all done well for me.

Silk Road just opening, with lots of brown pollen all over it. One of the finest OT's and one of the best for the south in the lily genus, no contest. I have a bunch of these and they seem to ciome back strongly every year. Temps in high 90's every day this week and not much heat stress apparent on this one.