Photo by Melody

Accessible Gardening: Practical Matters for Physically Challenged Gardeners #10, 1 by lovemyhouse

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright lovemyhouse

In reply to: Practical Matters for Physically Challenged Gardeners #10

Forum: Accessible Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Practical Matters for Physically Challenged Gardeners #10
lovemyhouse wrote:
In front of our warehouse. Used to be a tree there. Half died, so they took it all down. Removed most of the stump and roots, and landlord said I could plant. Horse herb is pretty thick, and it is hot today, so didn't expand the area. Bringing loppers on Monday to trim up those leftover roots to the right I pulled up. Looks a little forlorn because it is so small in the middle of all that green stuff. Might rim the bed with a short decorative fence inside the paver border (which I will finish on Monday because I only brought eight :/). Make it look more like it was intentional. :-) Lined the back with baby Iris. Centered a Buddleia Petite Purple. Filled in with eight Mexican Heathers, five trailing lavender Lantanas, and about 25 Safari Tangerine Marigolds. Justification for the plug trays I bought from an obsessive sense of greed... LOL Only problem is now I have to carry water buckets from the breakroom outside-no faucet in front. Maybe I can 'persuade' some of my young employees that watering will make the boss happy? [evil grin]