Photo by Melody

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: Bromeliads for novices and addicts. April-May 2011, 1 by perke_patch

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright perke_patch

In reply to: Bromeliads for novices and addicts. April-May 2011

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Bromeliads for novices and addicts. April-May 2011
perke_patch wrote:
Nev, I think you may be right ..... I checked the seeds today to see how they have coped and the containers that hadn't yet started shooting, appeared to have some spots of green today. Even the ones that had already shot seem to still have green spots showing so hopefully we did the right thing as soon as we saw it. We still have some of the seed left so we had a few bases covered.

Pam you have some good years ahead with the little ones. You just never know what they are going to do next. I bumped into Emily and her mum and baby in shopping centre today. Emily started off saying she was hungry for icecream so we sat down for a cone. When I said I was going into Kmart to top up some clothes in Em's draw at my place she said she would help. They had bought a small wheelie bin which Em was pushing around. We chose a couple of long sleevd tops, a jumper and a couple of legins for her, then chose a pair of shoes and a pair of plastic sandals for next year. When we got to the checkout I was amazed to find about 4 or 5 each of tops and pants. I didn't even see her put them in there. It came to $58 when I was expecting about $30. We're now all topped up for sudden sleep overs.

When I got home from shops it was too late to save the washing from the storm. Em helped me put all the little plants out into the rain. We had just finished when Dad came to take Em home and the heavens opened with lightning and thunder. I'm glad I didn't have to drive in that. And my hubby and son were out in the boat riding out that storm because they didn't have time to get back to the boat ramp. BUT!!!!!! they caught all their best fish during that storm. Thank god Darren is on holidays and I didn't have to go with Johnny and sit that one out. Thank god I was home safe and nearly dry.

Nev you sound like you enjoyed your family gathering as much as I enjoyed mine. I had 4 of my grandkids here on the weekend too but aged 6 weeks, 3, 8 and 12 yrs. Yours sound like a boisterous bunch of boys under 4. I bet you knew they were there.