Peonies: share your peony pics, 1 by mommydi

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright mommydi

In reply to: share your peony pics

Forum: Peonies

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of share your peony pics
mommydi wrote:
I've been nervous about repotting/planting/dividing it for the last few years because it had really done okay just "as is".

Now that I know that it IS a peony (which I'd suspected but the foilage is SO different than our regular peonies that everyone grows around here) and know that I know how valuable it is... I think I'm even more nervous!!

I know that I have to be careful planting peonies to make sure they aren't too deep. I'm always nervous with plants that have special requirements. I do best with forgiving and flexible personalities!

Currently (and for at least the last five years) it has been in a somewhat shallow but with a large diameter terra cotta pot. I've always kept it planted somewhat submerged in the soil and left it there.

This fall (feel free to correct me) I'll remove it from the pot, seperate the plants and replant. Should I follow the same instructions as a regular peony? Sunny spot, shallow, regular watering (not too wet, not too dry).

I know this isn't the correct forum but since I have your attention... I hoped I could take advantage of it!