Photo by Melody
Announcements
The ability to post new threads and comments is currently off-line. We are working to restore this feature.

Central Midwest Gardening: February 2011, 1 by shortleaf

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright shortleaf

In reply to: February 2011

Forum: Central Midwest Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of February 2011
shortleaf wrote:
I am ready for Spring too! Oh, please don't paint it pink or yellow billyp!! It should prolly be white to match the rest of the foundation, I kinda already got the paint for it. I only had 2 choices,
gray and white for concrete paint.
Yeah, thats the tropical bed I'm planning, billyp. I'm open to suggestions. I'm not married to the idea of the limestone rock border. Think it would look better with just regular landscape edging?
Could those plastic ties do the same thing? I already have some cheap plastic ties in my arsenal of cheap whatnots. Heres quite a set of the plastic ones. - [HYPERLINK@shop.harborfreight.com]
Yeah, they are looking to dupe somebody on that car, I'm pretty sure. Not only did they not want to agree to it being looked at by a mechanic, but when "I" was going to test drive it, he stayed in the driver's seat (after maneuvering it out) and drove it. The shifting of it manually might've given away that the gears were messed up. Car lots seem to really be after profit, they're prices are usually so high to start with, they will just be too far from reality. I am discouraged by car lots because re-selling anything from a car lot is going to be a loss because they sell on a whole different starting point from the Kelly Blue Book values, they use "suggested retail value". It is always much higher than "private party value" - http://www.kbb.com/used-cars/buick/lacrosse/2009 (that car was just an example, I could never afford a 2009 Buick LaCrosse..lol), which is much more pallatable to an individual like me.
I am only interested in paying the total amount of a vehicle as opposed to a payment plan type deal. I don't want to have car payments and full coverage insurance. Not to discount the newer car, I think having a nice, reliable car is a good choice many times. Its just a matter of preference, I don't really need all the niceness and reliability (and commitment..lol) of a newer car right now. I do admit that having a car that will always start and run is nice! If I had an income where a newer car was less of a financial burden, I'd be all for it.

Thanks Pepper, that Red Lily is growing nicely!

This late afternoon and evening, the snow was coming down good, but not much of it stuck for long. Here it is in the photo when I stopped at my Grandparents house to play Chess again tonite.

Will

This message was edited Mar 27, 2011 9:40 PM