Central Midwest Gardening: February 2011, 1 by shortleaf

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright shortleaf

In reply to: February 2011

Forum: Central Midwest Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of February 2011
shortleaf wrote:
Haha happ! I am on to the wily ways of the Ditchlily! They haven't been out of that pot since I got them from you in Oct. 09'. I may be planting them in the ground soon tho! I have the well-wishes on them from my friend here, she loves Ditchlilies too! They'll prolly be out by the fishpond in the ground. I was out there digging on the fishpond some more last nite with my headlight on! I would really like to get that going soon. I have a few plants I'd like to get situated in there this Spring.

No rain here either, it looked like rain, especially today, it was so gloomy, but nary a drop! I was outside this afternoon raking and stuff! lol

Here is what the Crocuses look like here today, in the photo, they have looked like this for about 4 or 5 days.

Yeah, I'll prolly just get some smaller rocks to take it's place. I think I want that bigger one for a rock/desert garden I want to make with my glorious Prickly-Pears, Yuccas and evergreen Hens and Chicks. It is kinda charming I suppose, I like it too, how it's like a square almost, but still a rock, it doesn't have a molded look or anything like concrete does! If I could, just one bit of advice on cleaning off mud with a wire brush, from a limestone rock, its brushes off the orange/yellow part!

Come to think about it in hindsight, I don't think that cusser man saw me in the truck, I am not a big person and I don't think my head sticks far above the bucket seat-look of the seats from behind. Altho, I don't have bucket seats, it's a bench seat but they made it look like buckets from the rear-view. I was kinda slouched down waiting for the tow truck. After he was about 200 feet away he looks back and saw me as if to say, "oh boy, he's broke down"!
Thanks billyp, I hope its a cheap fix, sounds like a clutch cable either broke or came unattached. I think this may be the visit of all garage visits tho! I may also have them find out why it uses so much oil, and see what it takes to fix that too. I'd like to resell it someday and I can't sell somebody a lemon, like I was sold. I don't think with a clean conscience I could burn somebody just to get the bluebook value, which is what I want.

Pepper, on those seeds I may have over-looked the need of them to be cold stratified before they'll sprout, I didn't read all the papers that came with the seeds. I haven't found the papers to that shipment yet. I was unpleasantly surprised when I read the papers on my seeds that came in the mail today that 2 of the 6 need stratification first. I think I might know where I stashed the other papers in the trash outside, since it hasn't rained yet they may be okay..lol I wrongly assumed they didn't need stratification when they got to the customer.
Hehe.. I hate to say it, maybe you've heard it before, guys aren't too big on directions and whatnot...lol

Will