Photo by Melody

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: Bromeliad for the novice and Addict for mar-Apr 2011, 1 by weed_woman

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright weed_woman

In reply to: Bromeliad for the novice and Addict for mar-Apr 2011

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Bromeliad for the novice and  Addict for mar-Apr 2011
weed_woman wrote:
Hi Karen, I have a feeling that T. rothii could be one of those that the grower won't part with, and I think it was very slow to grow and produce offsets, but definitely worth the photo.
Your Tillandsia wall looks great. It will not take long to fill up, I bet! I see Tillandsia xerographica on Ebay fairly regularly. I always watch it too, and there is a seller on at the moment who has 8 of them for $40 buy-it-now. Of course, then there is postage, so yes, $50 sounds right. I like to see the plants I buy now, and get more fun visitng the growers and picking their brains. I just like to look at the pretty pictures on Ebay, and get an idea of what I can expect to pay, although I find MOST growers are more reasonably priced than Ebay auctions.
I also bought T. tectorum just recently, and I paid a higher price too! Still, it was the one thing I wanted from that particular seller, so I was happy to have that little wish fullfilled.
Decided on another bromeliad garden yesterday, with hubbys help and encouragement! But I have to get him to help with the finishing touches on the last one first, or it will never be quite finished! I was working on an idea up on a bank, at the rear of the property, but have decided to think about it a bit more before going any further, so I might go for hubbys idea in the meantime. Work is finally easing off a bit, while not good for the pocket, it gives me more time for my own gardens. Anyway, I promise to photograph anything I do, as always.
This is a beaut Tillandsia that I forgot to write the name down on! (stoopid), but I'll try to find it out.
Sue