Photo by Melody

Accessible Gardening: Practical Matters for Physically Challenged Gardeners #9, 1 by lovemyhouse

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright lovemyhouse

In reply to: Practical Matters for Physically Challenged Gardeners #9

Forum: Accessible Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Practical Matters for Physically Challenged Gardeners #9
lovemyhouse wrote:
Serendipity strikes again. Had a buy one/get one herb coupon for the box store. Lo and behold, there were also CLEARANCE herbs. Got my two premium herbs, four clearance herbs, and another Cherry Brandy Gaura. Planned to pot up the herbs and leave in containers through summer. Until I looked at the Rose arc. I cleared a goodly section of grass last night with the idea of planting Dahlias today. But then I looked at the herbs. Looked back at the cleared area. Looked at the herbs...and voila! Here is the new little herb bed. Cinnamon Basil, Sweet Basil, two Curled Parsley, a Pineapple Sage, and a Fernleaf Dill. With the Gaura in the middle. :-) Laid some pavers and bricks around the border to see which I like better. I know I didn't get all pieces of the grass rhizomes and roots out, but with diligence, maybe it won't be so bad. LOL Pulled more grass clumps here and there. Goal is to have allllll of the St. Augustine replaced within the next two years. Plucked some of the gazillion tree seedlings that pop up every year. Watered a bit. Put the Peony cage over the Festiva Maxima. Happyhappyhappy to have seen it coming up. Understand they don't like to be transplanted and this one is on its third-hopefully, final-move in seven years. Almost put the Dahlias on the west side, but it really only gets direct sun for a couple of hours late afternoon and I don't think that's enough. Pondering where to go with them. By the fence Roses or side yard Rose of Sharons...hmmm...