Photo by Melody

Tropicals & Tender Perennials: Tropical Garden # 92, Here comes Spring!, 1 by plantladylin

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright plantladylin

In reply to: Tropical Garden # 92, Here comes Spring!

Forum: Tropicals & Tender Perennials

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Tropical Garden # 92, Here comes Spring!
plantladylin wrote:
Good Monday morning everyone! It's great to be home ... but so much to do. I got caught up on the laundry and today I really need to get outside and mow the lawn because hubby didn't get a chance to do it the past two weekends. It's supposed to be 85º here today and our air conditioning system has the hiccups or something. My husband was off for a motorcycle ride with some friends yesterday afternoon and I noticed a thumping noise in the garage and knew it couldn't be the washer or dryer because I had done all the laundry when I got home late Saturday afternoon. When I went to check I noticed the noise was coming from the air conditioning system. I'd been outside all afternoon but remembered hearing clicking noises from the thermostat in the hallway earlier and the gauge showing the temp jumping from 76º to 77º. I didn't think too much of it at the time then but when I heard the thumping noise in the garage I knew something wasn't quite right. My husband has a large marine aquarium and I immediately went and checked the water temp and it was up to 83º which is a bit warm for the fish. I called him on his cell phone but he was about an hour away so I had to wait for him to get home to check things out. He took the side panel off the air conditioner system in the garage and the entire side was a solid cake of thick ice so he used two blow dryers to melt it. This morning it was iced up again and he called the technician but they can't get here until tomorrow afternoon. I have all the blinds and drapes drawn and the ceiling fans running to try and keep it as cool as possible. I'm sure glad this is happening now instead of late summer when the outside temp's and humidity are in the mid to upper 90's, LOL. The sad thing is the warranty just recently expired on the central air/heat unit!%#&

I went for a swim in the pool yesterday afternoon ... not on purpose. :-) While dragging the hose around the pool area watering plants, I knocked my little Michelia figo ("Banana Shrub") into the pool and had to jump in to save it! I'm sure it didn't appreciate the chlorine water dunk!

Delicate little blooms of Callisia fragrans ... nice fragrance:

Well ... I must have gotten sidetracked and forgot to hit send this morning when I typed this post. I've been in and out since @ 7:30 this morning and thought I sent this earlier but see it's still sitting here on my laptop screen! It's a beautiful day here in Florida ... I got the back yard mowed and have been playing in dirt and pulling weeds but needed a break. We have so many weeds here, it's hard to control them. I would like to have a bulldozer come in and take out the entire lawn and weeds and plant Florida natives but for some reason my husband likes a lawn. Well, I have a couple of phone calls to return before heading back out but will first share a few pic's I took this morning.