Wildlife: Heidi Chronicles: Dreaming of Spring, 1 by DreamOfSpring

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright DreamOfSpring

In reply to: Heidi Chronicles: Dreaming of Spring

Forum: Wildlife

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Heidi Chronicles: Dreaming of Spring
DreamOfSpring wrote:
As I mentioned, I did get a few pics last night. I was trying to get pics of the raccoons standing upright. Unfortunately, the combination of darkness, glass, glare, and camera defect conspired to render most of my efforts null. I did get a few so-so results.

If, w/o help from Widget or Kitty, I find the raccoons on the patio waiting and undisturbed by growling pets, they are usually sitting around on or against the door facing much as one might expect people to do. When I turn the outside light on, often it is dark inside. Through glass, in a dark room, and backlit by bright lights from the cooking area of the kitchen, apparently they can't see me at all well. They stand upright against the door seeming to struggle to see me. Seeing their struggle I am prompted to turn on the light in the breakfast room so that they can more easily see me.

For a few minutes they continue to stand upright and close to the door as though trying to communicate with me, as though telling me that they are hungry, as though asking me to please bring them some dinner. These were the moments I sought to commit to photographs on that particular evening.

Here is that same youngster seen earlier but this time standing upright at the door. You can also see part of Heidi's head on the right. (BION, I washed the glass in that door a few days ago for this very purpose, and it is so clean that it 'disappears' by day. 90% of that 'stuff' in the photo is the result of the camera's very active imagination - that's my story.)

Edited to add. Note the raccoon's hand on the door propping him up.

This message was edited Jan 23, 2011 3:23 PM