Central Midwest Gardening: January 2011, 1 by shortleaf

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright shortleaf

In reply to: January 2011

Forum: Central Midwest Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of January 2011
shortleaf wrote:
Ya better hurry Pepper! Crocuses start peeping out soon! I have another digital camera, but it's also a Kodak Easyshare, it's a better Kodak Easyshare. I think my Dad paid $250 for it new in late '04, I got it from his passing in 07'. It's a better camera from Kodak. I don't use it much because it's bulkier and not easy to use. I need to learn how to adjust the color or something on it tho, because photos on it have been having a bluish tint to them. Also, it's kinda less disposable and I'd worry more with it than with the other cheapo! My gooder? Kodak Easyshare has a 10x optical zoom (the good zoom). I think the other zoom is digital zoom, which goes way up there in zoom but isn't as good because it just pixelates the image zoomed on and just generally makes it blurry. My good Kodak Easyshare DX6490 is only 4.0 megapixels but it says it has a "Schneider KREUZNACH VARIOGON lens with 38 - 380mm (equiv.) AF 10x Optical zoom".
I just copied what the camera says, I don't claim to know much about it really..lol
It still has the viewfinder, viewfinders are nice to have there to use if needed. Sometimes with my cheaper camera, (without a viewfinder) it's hard to see the lcd screen on the back, like in bright sunlight for example, so you're kinda just hoping you have the subject in the photo.
That good Kodak camera was more of the cat's meow years ago. It's prolly a much better camera than the "credit card size" Easyshare that I use alot. I remember back then my Dad didn't want anybody to mess with it. Which I can understand, I wouldn't want newbies fooling with it either..lol
I'd handle the camera in the store initially and really do research on the camera I wanted. I wouldn't have bot the good camera actually because the power button dial thing is not user friendly at all!
Rechargeable batteries are the way to go. In my experience digital cameras can really go thru the batteries, and the rechargeables are reasonably priced on Ebay where they sell them new.

Yeah, this snow was really something. The city clears the streets, but of course piles so much snow at the driveway, its not easy to get out! lol

The photo attached is from the newest $100 Easyshare the next photo is the more expensive Easyshare.
Will

This message was edited Jan 20, 2011 7:52 PM