Photo by Melody
Announcements
The ability to post new threads and comments is currently off-line. We are working to restore this feature.

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: Bromeliads for novices and addicts, Jan-Feb 2011, 1 by weed_woman

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright weed_woman

In reply to: Bromeliads for novices and addicts, Jan-Feb 2011

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Bromeliads for novices and addicts, Jan-Feb 2011
weed_woman wrote:
Jean, it probably was too much wet. Did you get any cold snaps? they don't like the cold and wet. Sorry your plant is sick, but it might still throw a couple of pups. Do you have any fungicide? like Mancozeb? You could try mixing it at the rate on the label and spraying the centre of the plant with it to stop any further rot. Then keep the center dry for a couple of days, then continue as before. Maybe move it away from any others incase it spreads with the rain water splashing around. That redness is a telltale sign, but only if you know its not a colour that plant usually goes. Keep us informed as you go eh? Like i said, if you lose it, I'll send you one of mine. no problems.
Karen, glad you escaped the storm damage. We had a storm with lightening and booming thunder too. The poor dog was turning herself inside out, as the rumbles were felt in the floor. We've had a few showers today too, but hopefully it might clear up for the weekend. What has everyone got planned?
Sue
Aechmea blanchettiana is getting redder everyday, but don't worry Jean, its meant too! he he. thats not funny is it? poor Jean.