Photo by Melody

Accessible Gardening: Accessible Gardening: #5 - still laughing with joy, 1 by Sansai87

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Sansai87

In reply to: Accessible Gardening: #5 - still laughing with joy

Forum: Accessible Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Accessible Gardening: #5 - still laughing with joy
Sansai87 wrote:
I routinely have my hair thinned and straightened. I think I look like Ronald McDonald’s little sister if I don’t. Most of us would love to be as comfortable in our skins as you are in yours, Vickie.

I have a job interview Tuesday for a job at a local country club where my appearance will matter more than it normally would in my line of work. I think I will go in my chef’s uniform shirt, black trousers and sensible shoes for kitchen work. Just scrupulously clean, high quality work clothes. What MK calls my “Emeril Lagasse outfit.” Being raised by a single father, I never became comfortable with dresses, high heels and all the other “girlie” things. I had already become set in my ways when Mama Kay tried to make “a proper young lady” out of me. I’m afraid the mild discomfort I feel dressed in feminine fluff would come across in the interview. A time when I most need to come off as confident and sure of myself. Fingers crossed I’m making the right decision. I’ve never had this much trouble finding work before.

Debra, I just finished reading the first book in the Honor Harrington series. I want one of those six legged, celery eating treecats. Lol.

Vickie, you inspired this drawing many weeks back when you mentioned watching the birds eat pokeberry outside your window. My father told me once that birds get sort of drunk eating pokeberries. I tried to find out in spare moments if that was really true, but no success. I did discovered some interesting facts about poke such as that it is poisonous to cats. My favorite fun info tidbit though had to be that ink made from pokeberries was used to write the Declaration of Independence. I had to laugh at the comment posted on one site. A manifesto written out with ink made from pokeberries on paper made from hemp. It all sound like something a bunch of hippies would do. Lol. ~Nadine~

Photo: The Pokeberry Pub