Australian and New Zealand Gardening: TEA ROOM #76, 1 by 77sunset

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright 77sunset

In reply to: TEA ROOM #76

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of TEA  ROOM  #76
77sunset wrote:
Good morning everyone. No rain this morning but quite cold and overcast.
It was a miserable day yesterday at the Show. It rained on and off all day. There were a few breaks after lunch but cold and windy even then.
Last year after the Show, we were told all the stalls would be in one place in future , instead of being scattered around . This seemed like a good idea then.
This time , I went along to my marked place and so did another early regular. I sold a few plants as the morning went on then cars started parking along the road in front of us. We ended up in the middle of parked cars.
Other stallholders arrived later in the morning and parking where they wanted, had a great time right down in the middle of the area. I was very annoyed and so was the other person next to me. We are regulars but the newcomers got the best places where the people were.
There will be a complaint going in from both of us. Noone was directing the cars or stall holders anywhere. They all just parked where ever they wanted. Not good organisation if they want the locals to patronise the Show.
Anyway, I did sell a few plants early so not a total disaster.
I didnt win any garden prizes . They went to some of the more tailored gardens that people seem to prefer.
I dont mind as we all have our own tastes and I garden for me not the public.
Hello Colleen, I will send you some peruvian lilies later in the week. Very pretty epi.
Teresa, how awful for you having your plant trashed. I wonder , these days, what sort of young people we have around us.
Its not worth you trying to catch them at it, as they may turn on you. . So much senseless violence.
I cannot see what they gain from ripping plants apart. . In Hamilton the other day, there was a person busily planting lots of lovely small plants around the front areas of a business . I said to hubby, I wonder how long they will stay there as we see so many times that plants are stolen or simply pulled out and thrown around.
Hello Karen, hope you enjoyed your day out. That is a very large cactus. Must be very old.
Its not raining here this morning but looks like it may later. Melbourne and surrounds have had so much down there over the weekend. I have not seen that much water there in many years.
Dianne, I hope you are keeping safe if you have water around.
I am going out to stake a few of the iris as the wind and rain yesterday bent a few over.
Usually at this time of year the wind comes from the opposite direction and wouldnt worry the iris at all.
Not too bad though as they are sturdy plants.
I hope everyone else is keeping dry. Its almost Christmas and here we are shivering and wet like drowned rats. Probably get a heat wave after Christmas.
Hello Kat, Leisa, Sue, Chrissy, and Louise.
Have a great day and keep safe and warm.
I'll leave something tasty for you all to have with a nice warm cuppa.
Chocolate Butter Cake
Jean.
Happy gardening