Photo by Melody
Announcements
The ability to post new threads and comments is currently off-line. We are working to restore this feature.

Weather: October's cooling...Ahhhhh..., 1 by tropicbreeze

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright tropicbreeze

In reply to: October's cooling...Ahhhhh...

Forum: Weather

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of October's cooling...Ahhhhh...
tropicbreeze wrote:
Got a bit of catching up here, but just on a few points....

We don't have daylight saving. The difference between the longest and shortest days is only a bit over an hour. Some parts of the country (down south) have it so if you're ringing people there it does make a difference.

My mother used to make kraut and I like it. But the bought stuff leaves a lot to be desired.

There's no snow here. I spent a few years in Europe some time ago and got to experience snow in winter. It was nice out in the country where the snow was clean, but I can live without it despite having taken a real liking to skiing.

Got an interesting surprise at work yesterday. Went out to retrieve a trap from an area likely to be shortly cut off by the developing wet season. When I got there the trap had been sprung and I thought it may have been by a Freshwater Crocodile. When I got onto the trap and moved back the shade cloth, through the reflections on the surface of the water I made out a fairly large head. We'd got an Estuarine Crocodile, over 2.5 metre (8.2 feet) long. It's been decided to put a satellite tracker on it, probably tomorrow. We'll get exact measurements then as well. I'll take photos of the process and post some.

The weather's dried out, sort of. It's still very humid but getting hotter with the lack of rain. Has been mostly sunny for the past week. Maximum temperature today was 37C (98.6F) after a minimum this morning of 23.8C (74.8F).

Mixing up some soil I found this little fellow. It'd been camping in a opened bag of potting mix. About 110mm (4.3 inches) long.