Photo by Melody

Propagation: Plant propagation part XXIII based on my own experience, 1 by WormsLovSharon

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright WormsLovSharon

In reply to: Plant propagation part XXIII based on my own experience

Forum: Propagation

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Plant propagation part XXIII based on my own experience
WormsLovSharon wrote:
Well, I am here and warm. I turned on the heat today but only to 75. It is damp so to me that makes it cold. Growing up all my life in an area with no humidity, if we get humidity, I get cold.

Lee, you are right, your soil will not crumble. It you put it between your fingers and rub it just sticks together. But it is beautiful dark brown. When we start with our soil, it is just about like coffee with a lo of creme added. Very light tan, just about white. My dirt is just about black now because of all my composting.

Lee, I grow oleanders. They are in the greenbelt. If they are 5 to six feet tall I would assume they need a larger pot. Lift the plant out of the pot and see if it is root bound. If it is, soak the root ball in water and some nutrients, gently dislodge the roots and move into one step up in size. Oleanders bloom more if you trim they back after blooming You can also control their growth.

I am now into the double blooming fragrant oleanders. But they are also more fragile to cold.

Jnette, how is everything. Todd's wife Heather and baby Luke are coming on the 4th for a week. Then probably will not see them until next summer. They are skier's and have already signed up for season passes so I guess the next trip is mine.

Took Vern to the Cardiologist and he said everything is fine. He is not requiring as much sleep and is getting his appetite back.

Vern's ex-wife and the mother of his children only has about 3 more months to live. Ovarian Cancer. She has been estranged from the children for quite some time. Brian, our youngest is 46 and he has been going to see her in Vancouver the last two years. We sent Brian up about 2 months ago but now it looks like he needs to go for the last time. His sister Lynda lives in Vancouver. She will be 50 next year as will our other daughter Tracy. The girls are three months apart. But all four children are our children because we had custody since Brian was 7.

I have many plants to get potted this next week. Mostly into 1 gallon pots. Large root balls. I also have many cuttings that have rooted that I need to get potted up. I am going to put them in the front guest bedroom. It has two large windows and a french door so the room gets great light.

I have my blue bulbs in the laundry room fridge to get cold over the next 45 days. That is a good thing because I do not have the bed ready.

A new family has purchased a home down the street and wants his courtyard to look somewhere like mine. I told him I did not think he could afford me and he said let him worry about that. His courtyard is actually larger than mine and I cannot wait to get my hands on it. A large amount of it is in partial shade and protected from the wind. Especially if money is no object. But actually, it will not cost that much. But there is a large amount of bad dirt that needs to be removed. Probably more labor than anything.

OK, JB, where are you? Probably staying in out of the snow. When was she going for her test.

Sorry this is so long. I will sign off and come back in a minute. I just ran out of ice cubes. I chew ice cubes while I am on the computer.

This is a photo of me when I know it is going to rain.