Photo by Melody

Propagation: Plant propagation part XXIII based on my own experience, 1 by Pughbear7

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Pughbear7

In reply to: Plant propagation part XXIII based on my own experience

Forum: Propagation

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Plant propagation part XXIII based on my own experience
Pughbear7 wrote:
good evening everyone:

Lee: they bloom in the spring and it should give you a good show. it has to flower as its putting on seed pods. I am guessing its way to hot to be looking at them when they bloom. If possible I would like to get a start off your smoke tree next year when you cut it back. if possible.

Mary: I am selling some of the stock plants I bought in for$5.00 I bought too many and need to get some of my money back from them. shipping will be what it costs which most likely will be the 10.70 or 14.50. Please let em know if you want some, as I am bumping up the plants I got from them and I really don't need all of them.

The phlox should be ready next spring. I willmost likely be posting pic as I am sure I will have a huge show from all of them.

Jeanette: You asked about the decompressed granite. here is a pic of the bag. I think it allows water to flow through it but is tight enough to keep weeds from poping up.

My idea is to lay down gravel in the walkways once I get the ground cloth installed. I still have a bunch of plants to move as well as transplant. my thought is that the cells will weather the winter a lot better in larger pots with more soil for insulation.
has anyone priced new 3 gallon/10" pots lately? Geeze its gone through the roof. I am hopeing to find some used pots locally to offset the expense. a dollar each wow what happened????

a while back we were discussing coir for a soil mix. I just looked at a blend of coir, peat and soil absorb crystals
"Wonder Soil Brick
Just add water to the compressed Wonder Soil and watch it expand to 14 times its original volume. Great for seed starting, this soil-less growing medium contains a mix of coconut coir, peat moss, nutrients, and water-absorbing polymers. These special biodegradable polymers store and release water as needed, for healthier plants and less watering. Recommended for containers, cuttings, or adding to planting holes to reduce watering. This 24 oz brick produces over 15 lbs. of potting mix. (About 12 quarts.)"
any thoughts on this product? its $6.42 plus shipping.

well it seems my brain has gone blank... not hard to do this time of the evening.
Have a great evening
Dave