Photo by Melody

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: Bromeliads for novices and serious addicts #14: Oct 2010, 1 by weed_woman

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright weed_woman

In reply to: Bromeliads for novices and serious addicts #14: Oct 2010

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Bromeliads for novices and serious addicts #14: Oct 2010
weed_woman wrote:
I'm for chopping it up Karen. I had one or two go the same way, and just divided them around onto other trees. You need a tree with smooth bark, or as Bree said, mount it on a peice of wood, then hang it some where.
The sun has been shining nearly all day! I managed to go to two jobs, which gave me some grocery money! Yay, we get to eat! Now that I've finished my little bit in the garden, I don't feel so driven, so i actually got my housework done too, and a little bit of washing. Nothing to do with bromeliads though, how depressing. Tomorrow, being friday, I might get home a bit early, and if the weather is nice to me, I may get to check in and see what needs doing in the brom house. I really need to get some potting mix, but I need like a trailer of the stuff! If I had a spare trailer, thats what I'd do, but I've got no where to store the potting mix, and if it rains it will wash away. Think I'll start looking for a cheap trailer.
Sue
This is Billbergia 'Pink Champagne' which i bought the other day for very cheap. Its a bit ragged, due to alot of exposure, but the colours in it are nice. I'm sure any new pups will repay me for my kindness!