Australian and New Zealand Gardening: Octobers flower displays, 1 by weed_woman

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright weed_woman

In reply to: Octobers flower displays

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Octobers flower displays
weed_woman wrote:
Hi All, I checked out the new Eupatorium name too! Didn't know it had changed.
Wayne, I love Echiums. I grew one here, the tall candelebra one, and it got huge, but then it rained and it broke off at ground level. too wet here for thoise lovelies. Yours look very happy. Judy, I am forever pruning oleanders! Do you grow yours as trees or shrubs! Mrs Andreasen is a lovely colour.
Nice Epi pic Karen, I have some peices given to me from Chrissy and Jean, and all are pointing now, but I believe could be awhile before the bloom opens. I am waiting patiently though.
Dianne, that seems like a huge Azalea bloom! Is it on a smallish plant? I have seen some lovely colours go through Bunnings lately, and have had thoughts of putting a few more through the garden, as they seem to do well.
Cestrum, i have the same shrimp plant, and I don't think its ever been without a flower! I have to cut it back sometimes as it does like to wander and flop!
This is my Heliconia bihai 'Yellow Dancer' which has been in the ground for over 4 years! This is the first ever flower! I told it if it didn't flower for me this year I was going to dig it up. I wasn't looking forward to doing that as it is quite a big clump, but now I won't have to.
Sue