Octobers flower displays

Magnetic Island, Australia(Zone 11)

Here's Judy's double pink oleander seedling.....it's absolutely beautiful in real life......

Thumbnail by MyaC
Inland S.E QLD , Australia

Mya,is that one of the cuttings or the seedling I sent?

Magnetic Island, Australia(Zone 11)

Seedling Judy.Remember I said in a previous thread that my yellow seedling was starting to bud ,well this is it.I must have somehow got them mixed up when potting up ,so I'll have to see what my other 2 seedlings are going to colour up to.Neither of the 2 seedlings have buds yet,even though the weather has been somewhat tropical the last few weeks.

This message was edited Sep 30, 2010 7:31 PM

Brisbane, Australia

It's lovely. I didn't realize they grew from cuttings. Actually, I didn't know they grew from seeds either. I don't know much :

Awe Beautiful!!!!
Umm I just saw on Facebook that Liesa is in Hospital, pop in and wish her well over in the broms thread.

Mya thanks for a peek at Judy's lovely Ollie. Wonderful.

Mya,I think that may be N. splendens --not one of the seedlings...I must have sent you a cutting.

This message was edited Oct 1, 2010 11:59 AM

West of Brisbane, Australia

Still waiting for my yellow oleander seedlings to flower. Meanwhile, here is the native hibiscus Abbey's Tangerine/Abbys Tangerine. A small rather spindly plant that hopefully will fill out during the growing season, but the flower colour is lovely.

This message was edited Oct 15, 2010 11:37 AM

Thumbnail by cestrum_SEQ

And here's another of my beaumontia. The tendril climbing up the downpipe has now burst into flower too, as have several other tendrils. I didn't realise before but the flower has a yellow tinge.

Thumbnail by cestrum_SEQ
rosetta TASMANIA, Australia

lookie here

Thumbnail by g_whizz
NW Sydney NSW, Australia

Hi Mya and everyone. Lovely rain here in Sydney. Long weekend so hopefully dash in and out to get in some garden time. Nice Cymbidium Anthony.

Here are some wet Hippies!

Thumbnail by WayneCarter
Christchurch, New Zealand

as long as the rain stays away next Sat for my brother's wedding!
he says they need more to green things us around here (Liverpool) but it isn't as bad as last time we visited - 7 years ago it was baking hot & the tail end of a drought...

Clifton Springs, Australia

Lot's of purple in my garden this Spring.
This is a little Primula sieboldi yobisugata...how's that for a mouthful.
A Snowflake Primula to most of us..

Thumbnail by Seachanger

Cestrum,how would you describe the Beaumontia fragrance?
Wayne,Looks like the rain was just pouring down..not only are your hippies gorgeous but look at that backdrop! :0)

Thumbnail by brical1

My tame Thunbergia grandiflora

Thumbnail by brical1

Beaumontia? Smells like spring! Pleasant cologne-like fragrance, mild but stronger than the moonflower. Doesn't seem to waft--perhaps it's too high. Worth growing, though. I will have to cut mine back when it finishes flowering or it will crush the downpipes, so I can send you some unrooted cuttings then.

Thumbnail by cestrum_SEQ

Erythrina in flower again. (It's growing in a large pot beneath the old clothesline, but I'm pretty sure the roots have escaped thru the drainage holes and anchored themselves into the soil.)
Colleen--your seeds came from this plant. Note that the backs of the leaves and the stems have spines.

This message was edited Oct 4, 2010 2:46 PM

Thumbnail by cestrum_SEQ

Salvia Wendy's wish. Unscented, but I like the colour.

Thumbnail by cestrum_SEQ

Yellow shrimp plant, *still* in flower.

Thumbnail by cestrum_SEQ

Erythrinas are lovely, despite those thorns....love the sound of the Beaumontia.
This Vireya loranthiflorum has a beautiful spicy, sweet perfume.

Thumbnail by Seachanger

Your vireya sounds like it smells lovely. I often find it difficult to describe fragrance unless it's something obvious (I think I've done a poor job in describing the beaumontia's perfume and wish that someone else who grows it could give their opinion).

Bunnings has vireyas but few of them are in flower and those that are--the coloured ones, so far--are unscented. Fortunately so, because I don't want to grow rhododendron-type flowers here (did that in Melb). But I know that if I saw a scented one I would be *compelled* to buy it, so fingers crossed that I don't come across any and can concentrate on the sub/tropicals LOL

Odd partners

Thumbnail by brical1

Judy, your brugmansia is wearing a garland of bougainvillea LOL

Again

Thumbnail by brical1
Brisbane, Australia

Those odd partners make a glorious picture. Totally beautiful

Karen

Oleander Mrs Andreasen

This message was edited Oct 5, 2010 9:59 AM

Thumbnail by brical1

Brug noid Aurea

Thumbnail by brical1

One of my favourite geraniums

Thumbnail by brical1

Bougie

Thumbnail by brical1
barmera, Australia

Beautiful Judy. Your garden must be heaven at the moment with all the different flowers. Colleen

Thanks everyone for your nice comments. Yes Colleen,it is just starting to really come into it's own now.BTW cuttings were posted out yesterday.

Thumbnail by brical1

Bartlettina sordida

Thumbnail by brical1

Found Oleander...first time it's flowered for me

Thumbnail by brical1
Brisbane, Australia

What a lovely collection of flowering plants. I would love to have a garden like that.

My friend's epiphyllums are flowering now, and she has hundreds of buds to come. Her plants are not named but I love going to visit, especially now mine aren't flowering this year. I still get to enjoy the flowers, and hers are the same plants as mine.

Karen

A very pretty pink.

Thumbnail by DawnSong

That is a very pretty Epi you have there Karen :0)

...Flowers on this are becoming bigger and more beautiful by the day...it reminds me of a Frangipani to which it is related :0)

Thumbnail by brical1
NW Sydney NSW, Australia

Lovely blooms everyone.

Thanks Judy for the update on name change; Bartlettina sordida.

Here are a few blooms of Wisteria and Clivea.

Thumbnail by WayneCarter
NW Sydney NSW, Australia

Echium

Thumbnail by WayneCarter
NW Sydney NSW, Australia

Echium and other plants. The "sticks" are what remains of Iboza after the frosts.

Thumbnail by WayneCarter
NW Sydney NSW, Australia

Chinese ground orchids and Judy's Canna.

Thumbnail by WayneCarter

Really lovely flowers everyone.......love the Bletillas Wayne..I had some once.....and those Kerria pieces that you gave me are off and running...thank you.

Judy, those flowers do seem to be very large and very pretty....Do you have any more of your OS seedlings left to flower?

This is Azalea.Jezebel.
Dianne

Thumbnail by Seachanger

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.