Photo by Melody

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: Bromeliads for novices and serious addicts #14: Oct 2010, 1 by weed_woman

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright weed_woman

In reply to: Bromeliads for novices and serious addicts #14: Oct 2010

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Bromeliads for novices and serious addicts #14: Oct 2010
weed_woman wrote:
Jen, I fix most of my typos! If you could see my posts before I proof read, you would be rolling on the floor! Don't know how that one slipped through, but glad it amused you. he he
Wendy, my husband won't allow a dryer due to soaring power prices. Stinge! Today is changing weather every 15 minutes, alternating between sun, cloud, rain and wind, so I have the clothes airer in front of the door to catch the breeze, but I'm guessing I won't be washing any bedding this week either.
Colleen, I'm not sure of your plant. It looks a little like Aechmea calyculata, but that is entirely yellow, so maybe it's a hybrid? Wherever did you get it?
Marlene, nice plant. I believe it s a parent of Jewellery shop?
Karen, Neo. pauciflora is a cutie. I like the way the pups don't look anything like the mum until they are bigger. I have been cutting them off and poking them back in the same pot, hoping for a full basket of them. Mine are a bit smaller and curlier than yours, maybe from being grown quite hard. I couldn't tell you when, if ever, they had fertiliser.
I wasn't able to go to work today because of how changeable the weather is (thats my excuse anyway) so I've been doing small sessions of weeding, mulching and replanting mini mondo in another area.
I will take a pic later, as I've almost finished a section.
Anyway, I think the last 15 minute burst of rain is over, so I might try to do a little more.
Sue