Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Mid-South Gardening: September Chat Continues, 1 by marsue

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright marsue

In reply to: September Chat Continues

Forum: Mid-South Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of September Chat Continues
marsue wrote:
Welcome to the 21st century, Phyllis! LOL Beautiful passis!

I had to enlarge the north end of my shade bed--only on that end it isn't really a shade bed except in the back corner. I put the iris that Kathy Ann gave me this week-end in there and also the alba monarda that Charlotte gave me. The plant in the front corner is a daylily of some kind (I think) that Cindy gave me in May. I just stuck it in the ground where it is now and brought the bed to it. I plan on continuing to bring that bed all the way down the fence. It should be a good place for daylilies and iris, etc. but it will have to be done gradually.
Those small white rocks are everywhere in that corner of the yard--don't know how they got there unless my neighbor on that side had spilled some landscaping rocks there at some point in time before we moved here in Oct. 2006 (and before he put up the fence). There are too many to even begin to get rid of all of them so I have just left them in the soil.

This message was edited Sep 28, 2010 5:16 AM