Photo by Melody

Accessible Gardening: Practical Matters for Physically Challanged Gardeners #7, 1 by Sansai87

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Sansai87

In reply to: Practical Matters for Physically Challanged Gardeners #7

Forum: Accessible Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Practical Matters for Physically Challanged Gardeners #7
Sansai87 wrote:
lol. Carrie, a morning glory the color of a night sky that I want to capture on paper I think it’s called ‘Grandpa Ott’s”. There are some raspberry colored ones and some that are an intense sky blue, but it is the dark blue ones I like best. .
I’m starting to like getting up early to mow and sleeping thru hot afternoons. The flowers are prettier and perkier in the early morning. The enormous blooms of the moonflowers are still open and you can see how MGs came to have their name.
Some of the groundcovers are blooming. I’ve learned that soapwort and leadwort look much prettier than they sound. lol. I wonder why so many plants have “wort” as a part of their common name?
MK is leveling and doing concrete work in the w/c garden. PJ is house cleaning and grumbling about the dishwasher and how shoddy design and workmanship has become. The model of Maytag dishwasher we have has been re-called by the manufacturer as a fire hazard. We will be doing dishes by hand for a week or more. How did our great-grandmothers find time to do everything they needed to do!
Before my nap I need to get the latest basil harvest in the freezer and I want to try a new zucchini bread recipe. Also, see how dried, crumbled chocolate mint will taste blended into chocolate cake batter.
I think I know where your missing mosquitoes went, Debra. This has been the wettest August I can ever remember. We are accustomed to being dry roasted in August. Not, steamed. ~Nadine~
Photo: Something in MKs wildflower area.