Photo of Hot Dog, it's hot!
billyporter wrote:
65°F Feels Like: 65°
Humidity: 93%
Dew Point: 63°
Pressure: 29.91 in
Visibility: 5.0 mi
Time Until Sunrise: 1 hrs 4 min
Through 11am: Sunny with temperatures steady or slowly warming to the low 70s. Winds light and variable. Sunny to partly cloudy. High 88F. Winds S at 5 to 10 mph.

Sunfarm, we don't have too many Monarchs this year even tho we have milkweed all around and I always have a few on my butterfly weed. What are your purple blooms?

Chrissy, it's been a few years since we've had the crispy grass. It is depressing. Still, flowers bloom. They are pretty. I used to have some in a pot, but had to overwinter them each year.

Celia, thanks for the new thread and picture! She has the seeds before the head opens :o)

Marsue, laughing, how nice of you to remember it for just me! ''It will not last the night'' is exactly why I do sleep. It's a nice little poem and shows no one has enough time! Your petunias are nice too!

Sunfarm, LOL! I have one ironweed that gets 10' tall and one that is staying 5' tall, yet I could not place yours! Mine, alas, are done. I love them!

Joey, finally, a good rain for you! My snaps are all gone and didn't''t do well at all this year.

Marsue, love the brick color the Red Admiral is on.

Pepper, doesn't it feel good to get out and do something! Thumbs up on the Preen. Hopefully a rain will soak it up for you so it can lay it's weed barrier over the ground. Otherwise you should wet it down.

Wow Marsue, yes, let them know the butterflies you have this year! I know I haven't seen a few of mine before, but they are common. Someone must be letting the nettles grow since a couple like to feed on them. What is blooming with the vine?

Yesterday I mowed a day early and raked the old grass off the sidewalk. I had two wheelbarrows of that and weeds from the cracks. I haven't even swept it yet.

Today we get the boys till Sunday and it's going to be hot the next seven days!

Sunset last week on the jeep ride home.