Photo by Melody

Accessible Gardening: Practical Matters for Physically Challanged Gardeners #7, 1 by BirdieBlue

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright BirdieBlue

In reply to: Practical Matters for Physically Challanged Gardeners #7

Forum: Accessible Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Practical Matters for Physically Challanged Gardeners #7
BirdieBlue wrote:
Hi all, I didn't do much today but watch baseball on TV and love on my kitties and Elvis. I am pretty irritated at myself too. over the past few weeks I have noticed that many of my pants have gotten very tight on me. When I don't have any appointments and stay inside I usually wear one of a few very comfy long tshirt type of summer beach dress. I worked very diligently and lost 40 lbs over about a 1 year period, which I was holding fine at....until these past few months. Ice Cream on sale has repeatedly hopped itself into my grocery cart numerous times and the Pappa Johns Pizza man has delivered a few "works" pizzas to my house. My Dr says that since I have come off of all my opiate pain meds things taste better and I ammore alert & naturally going overboard. She says this isn't unusual. I say, I have gained 30lbs $%%&*%!! LOL My future will once again return to my diet of fresh veggies and fruit, including snacks and fun food. It is just uncomfortable this way! I'm OK standing...well...this may be why my knees have been giving me fits, now that I think about it. but when I sit it just isn't comfortable.
Elvis has been to the vet 3 times in the past 2 weeks. Somehow he completely sliced the thick black sole of one of his rear toes. It is going to take a long time to heal and of course means that I should keep him from walking on hard or rough surfaces. So much for our fitness walks. Also he has fatty tumors all over his little (well used to be little) body, and one of the newest one is completely encircling his right rear leg an even goes up into his groin and wraps toward his back. At his age surgery to remove or reduce these things would be impractical and not in his best interest. I pray that My Poodle boy is with me a few more years. the realization that his future is probably not very long just tears me up. Two deaths that I absolutely don't know how I will survive are Him and my Mom who just turned 79.
thanks for being there m=for me to ventilate to .
Sorry for seeming so down.

Hugs all around,
~Sheri & Elvis
edited to add Elvis signature

This message was edited Aug 7, 2010 10:49 PM

This message was edited Aug 7, 2010 10:50 PM