Photo by Melody

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: Bromeliads for novices and serious addicts #12, Aug 2010, 1 by bromalong

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright bromalong

In reply to: Bromeliads for novices and serious addicts #12, Aug 2010

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Bromeliads for novices and serious addicts #12, Aug 2010
bromalong wrote:
Hi everyone. Dianne that garden ornament was a scream !!! would love one" after Sue's suggestions", re the septic tank, you are quick sue love the idea. Sue I know how you feel Re: Red Macaw ! there are some sellers that you should never buy from I have one that I got locally that's nothing like the real Mccoy /Macaw ( come to think of it I don't think any of his plants were correctly named )it gets a bit confusing sometimes ,if marmorata looses its patterning it can look a bit like correia-araujoi and sometimes a Macaw will try to fit in there somewhere ,but when they do the right thing they all three are brilliant plants tried to find some pic's no luck ! will to take some and post them, Breeindy I agree some of the patten leafed Vriesea's can be a bit dear, its hard to compare them with other broms, when you consider it could take six plus years before you get a pup or two and that might all, Marlene I have not seen V. ospine gurberi in flower yet only photos on FCBS site I'll post a pic when it dose,Cheers I posted the wrong pic Re Guzmania moon light the one I put up was a noid, this is moon light sorry!!