Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: Bromeliads for novices and serious addicts #12, Aug 2010, 1 by weed_woman

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright weed_woman

In reply to: Bromeliads for novices and serious addicts #12, Aug 2010

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Bromeliads for novices and serious addicts #12, Aug 2010
weed_woman wrote:
oooh, look at all this chit chat and pictures. Yummy!
Dianne, that is one very big, and very ugly toad! Where was that pic taken! I am very glad we don't see them here.....yet!
Mike, I have the same coloured three toed Vriesea as you. I have seen a purplish one, in pictures, that I wouldn't mind trying to get.
Leisa, we must have the same birds! They steal the Spanish Moss and peck at the coconut fibre basket liners too. I Move the Spanish moss around all over the place, and have a big clump growing in behind some shrubs, which the birds haven't found in all the years I've had it. I continually take bits off it for various projects. I think birds occasionally take labels too, as I've had a couple go missing, with no sign!
Jean, I guess we'll all have to wait to see your new babies in their glory! Your new brom house will look spectacular with all the plants you've collected.
Marlene, how exciting! I have the baby of your Vriesea ospinae, and its awhile from flowering yet, but yours is nearly there! Your Billbergia looks great in the hanging basket.
Well done everyone! keep up the good work with all these photos and such. I guess I'd better find something to put up too?
This is Aechmea 'Nivea', flowering now.
Sue