Photo by Melody
Announcements
The ability to post new threads and comments is currently off-line. We are working to restore this feature.

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: Bromeliads for novices and serious addicts #12, Aug 2010, 1 by LeisaD

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright LeisaD

In reply to: Bromeliads for novices and serious addicts #12, Aug 2010

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Bromeliads for novices and serious addicts #12, Aug 2010
LeisaD wrote:
Sue, those two Neos make such a contrast - such strong colours! Nice nudicaulis tree. I've got about 6 different ones sitting around in pots - that's a good idea putting them together vertically. Boy those seedlings are tiny. Why would they grow upside down though??. It'll be interesting to maybe see them "turn" in the future??
Dianne OMG that toad is a MONSTER!!! that is the biggest toad I have ever seen!
I found a clump of Till usenoides on a pine cone (which was hanging down on the fence) on the top of my fence. I think the neighbour picked it up while he was mowing, as the birds had picked at it so much, they'd snatched it off the fence & into the neighbours yard. the birds do love it & those coconut basket liners also. They shredded one all over my side yard one day.
ha ha Mike re the 3-toed Vriesea - just be careful someone doesn't come hunting for it with a golf club - that would hurt.
Here's a pic of my Neo "Alley Cat" and you guessed it: with it's white flowers! Yes the FCBS pic shows purple tinged flowers. Another little brom mystery.