Photo by Melody
Announcements
The ability to post new threads and comments is currently off-line. We are working to restore this feature.

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: Bromeliads for novices and serious addicts #12, Aug 2010, 1 by weed_woman

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright weed_woman

In reply to: Bromeliads for novices and serious addicts #12, Aug 2010

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Bromeliads for novices and serious addicts #12, Aug 2010
weed_woman wrote:
Really nice Mike, the garden picture is gorgeous. It must have taken awhile to fill those pots. speaking of frogs, I found a huge green tree frog yesterday, but it was a dark brown colour. I think it had been hibernating in the soil, and Imust have disturbed it. It was very sleepy, and slow to move. I put him back where I found him. I love frogs.
Leisa, I think xCryptabergia 'Red Burst' is a very good place to start, if not end, with your plant. A better pic of the flower would help on FCBS, but the pic in your secomd link is awesome.
Hello Colleen, Charleen, Marlene, and any other 'eens' how are you all?
Breeindy, your Neo. Lila is looking good. You must show us another pic when its in its full glory. Hows your garden planning going?
I just had a couple of visitors come to look at bromeliads. Its always nice to show them off. Unfortunately a big storm came over and chased them away, only to blow itself out about 5 minutes after they left! Theres lots of plants laying over, but I'll leave them down untill the wind has died down a bit. No sense and having to pick them up more than once.
Here is Neo. 'Midnight' next to Neo. 'Little Prince'. Nice contrasting colours.
Sue