Weather: July Weather - Last 12 days, 1 by pepper23

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright pepper23

In reply to: July Weather - Last 12 days

Forum: Weather

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of July Weather - Last 12 days
pepper23 wrote:
I cut my clematis back today. It was all dried up like it normally would be in the winter time except there were a few green spots left. It was just as well that it had to be cut back because the jap beetles have invaded my yard so I had to get my Sevin spray out and spray all my clematis and roses. Roses hadn't been hit yet but all but 2, not counting the one I cut, clematis had been. One is growing up into a tree branch so I couldn't get it all but I hope I got enough to keep the damage down.

Unemployment is really bad here. At my job we have several people coming in every day to apply for a job there and we're not even hiring. I don't know of anyone around here that is hiring actually. Those of us who have jobs hold on for dear life and don't complain too much. lol

Ok, now the weather. LOL. Hot, humid and breezy. Not as hot as it has been even though the weather liars say it's the hottest day we've had. I can breathe no problem when out there.

Ok, see the big green leaves on this rose that are sticking up? Is that new growth on the rose or is it something that needs to be cut off? It has thorns on it but isn't that reddish color like most new growth. My other knockouts have the same leaves coming up too. Plus they have the regular red leaves of new growth.