Communities > Forums

Image Copyright billyporter

In reply to: July 2010

Forum: Central Midwest Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of July 2010
billyporter wrote:
Here's a repeat from Weather, so I don't have to re-type the whole thing

We took the boys out to swim in their pool while DH did chores for DD. I dug out the old, old, bikini and got in the pool too. Heck, we're in the middle of no-where out there. Who's to see? I joked to the boys, "Look at my fat belly sticking up there." A few minutes later the oldest jumped on me with his inner tube. He said he needed some dry land. He's 6.

Garden6, beautiful bouquets! It's so nice that everyone got to have a change of pace! Isn't it fun to come home and look at all the flowers? There is still plenty of summer left too. I was afraid it was flying by too fast, but it's slowed down now. I see things I want to do out there!

Will, the mulch is piled on perfectly thick and shouldn't break down as fast since it's not touching dirt. 40% is more than I thought it would be covered. I never was any good at math. I walk around mentally laying bags of mulch on the bed I want to cover, and adding one more to the list. LOL! I'll bet it's a pretty big 'barrow, and yep, it looks great so far! Everyone who drives by will notice!

Garden, ''sweatstroke,'' love the words they come up with. It's so cute, I might have to use it myself!

ImaMes, I love gaura, but it's an annual for me :o( Nice selection of wildflowers, and I love the birdbath! I can't have enough of them around either! I adore daylilies!

The skeeters weren't too bad yesterday, but we used ''Family Care Off'' anyway. It worked pretty good. The shrub my neighbor gave me has perked up. (Caryopteris) I thought sure it would never recover since they brought it bare root. I hung a thin blanket over it on the hottest day and have kept it wet, but not drowned. I see my glads are peeking thru now too.

''Funny boy'' got a noseful!