Photo by Melody

Canadian Gardening: What's happening in your neck of the woods..with friends!, 1 by fancyvan

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright fancyvan

In reply to: What's happening in your neck of the woods..with friends!

Forum: Canadian Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of What's happening in your neck of the woods..with friends!
fancyvan wrote:
Weather has cooled off quite a bit and I have even heard suggestions that some areas might get snow this weekend! Got a lot done in the garden -Tuesday trekked thru 3 garden centres that I usually like and was rather disappointed in selection, didnt find much of what I was after so yesterday went back out to my old favorite ( Sunnyside) and got exactly what I was looking for!
I am working on the renovation of the upper perennials beds in the front yard, also continuing the renovation of the north bed against the house, added 4 Hostas yesterday, digging around to clear out some visitors discovered there was a Hosta I forgot about just starting to come up! Must have been an extra I stuck there last year
Have also added some daylilies in a narrow bed bordering the veggie beds which was looking rather messy.
Still have quite a bit to plant, will get all the pernnials in today I hope and some of the hardier annuals. Niught wait until next week to finish off.
Solved the issue of what to put on the front steps by fililng all the boxes with pansies - different color in each one - 4 on each side.
Adopted another dog from SPCA on Tuesday for ASR - but left her there until yesterday afternoon so she could get dental done then picked her up and took her to foster home. She has a lovely face and seems very gentle but she is a BIG girl, currently weighs 64 pounds and probably not much overweight. But her coat is in really bad shape, hope good food and fish oil will solve that. Might be a tough adopt as she is 9 years old in addition to the size! The SPCA named her Shelly.