Photo by Melody

Accessible Gardening: Practical Matters for Physically Challenged Gardeners , 1 by Amargia

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Amargia

In reply to: Practical Matters for Physically Challenged Gardeners

Forum: Accessible Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Practical Matters for Physically Challenged Gardeners
Amargia wrote:
So sorry to hear about your loss, Vickie. Hope the trip goes well. We will be thinking about you.
Hang with us long, Bonnie, and you will be fully armed with knowlege should you ever find yourself on the Gulf Coast. Or, terrified to come here. LOL. And, we should know what to watch for in KY.
I “rescued” my mystery rose from a graveyard years ago. Is this graveyard week? LOL. The family of the deceased thought it was ‘Mr. Lincoln.’ I don’t know much about roses, but I don’t believe there is a climbing version of Lincoln and I don’t think the blooms are such a dark red. I suspect the ‘Mr. Lincoln’ died and what I have is whatever rootstock the nursery used for grafting. Not sure about that, though. It is one of those type roses that have the fragrant leaves with touches of a magenta color in the new foliage. I do love that, but the look of the foliage is probably a little coarse for some people’s taste. It was blooming beautifully in shade when I first saw it. That is what caught my attention. It is rambunctious, however. You can’t be hesitant with the pruners. Maybe one day I’ll actually figure out what kind it is. :-)
I will be envying you with your ‘Knockouts’ in another month or so. Those are very resistant to blackspot, aren’t they?
Sheri, the lily in the bud picture I put on your b’day thread bloomed today. I’ll try to get a photo of it tomorrow. I think you’ll like it. Kay*
Photo: Mystery Rose