Practical Matters for Physically Challenged Gardeners

Midland City, AL

Welcome to the one and only Practical Matters for Physically Challenged Gardeners #3 where we discuss the different possible solutions for problems faced by gardeners dealing with physical limitations of many types and levels of severity. At the moment, surviving until warm weather returns is our biggest issue.
We came from here:
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1065303 and, here:
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1065317

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

So what if we are actually physically phallenged, Jim? Where do we go then?

Winston Salem, NC(Zone 7a)

Hi to all my friends.
Just wanted you to know I am healing from my bumps & bruises and that God has delivered me from my severe fibromyalgia pain and I havn't worn my pain patches in over a month now + not even takigt the strong pain pills that I have been on for about 6 years!! Just some NSAIDs for my lingering arthritis.
Praise the Lord!!!

Love & prayers,
BirdieBlue / Sheri

Ozone, AR(Zone 6a)

Good for you Sheri. Keep up the recovery. Maybe you'll feel like planting something or looking for baby birds.

LOL! I always look for Spring and the emergance of new life , be it flora or fauna. Baby birds are truly my weak spot. Especially the Blue ones (and, sorry, but I don't mean Jays)

wingwaves from BirdieBlue!!

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Hey, Birdie, how terrific that you're feeling so well! It warms my heart to hear that. My DH has been suffering terribly from his arthritis recently - I wish he were the type of person to take advantage of an online support community like ours. Hugs to all - Carrie

Midland City, AL

Physically Phallenged folk are welcome here too. We are fully inclusive. :- ) Hey, Carrie, do you think there is anything to music therapy? I don’t think Stella’s mom (Amargia’s newest resident) is going to respond well to horticultural therapy. We took her to church with us though and she has a high, sweet, pure voice and really seemed to lose herself in music. (Her speaking voice is low and rough edged. That she could sing was quite a surprise.) People under stress need a way to escape for a while. To get absorbed into something other than themselves and their own troubles. It may be hard for folks on this website to believe, but nature doesn’t work for everyone. She is a city girl so the subtle beauties of a winter landscape are under her personal radar. Maybe, Nature will have more of a positive impact on her come spring. Spring is coming, right? It is suppose to be back down in the 20’s again tomorrow night. (Grumble. Grumble.) This winter reminds me of the winter of 74. I think it was 74? That particularly rough winter in the mid-70’s, anyway.)
Glad to hear you are doing so well, Sheri. This newest remodel has left me with a lot of small lumber scraps to be made into birdhouses and there are still some birdhouse gourds from last year’s harvest to cut, clean and paint. I guess that is what I will be doing thru this LAST cold snap. (I’m an optimist.) I wonder if cavity nesting birds have a color preference. LOL.
Vickie, I like the pink flamingo with the purse planter idea. Can I bring the gargoyle in from “the back 40” where Kay banished him and give him “a man bag” planter. Maybe, I could dedicate an entire garden to such avant-garde art.
Leaf, I’ll try to get over to the other site to see what is shaping up. Time has been in short supply lately. It looks like Stella’s mom may be bi-polar. I don’t suppose, with all the experience you’ve had, I need to explain what things are like. She has young children which make it an especially difficult situation.
Bonnie, will your region be seriously affected by this latest cold front? Kay got some good news yesterday. She doesn’t have to go back to the ophthalmologists unless she has pain or notices visual changes. They feel confident she is recovering. Just slowly. They put her on the therapeutic vitamin regimen they put people with age related macular degeneration on. It is the only treatment for macular degeneration that isn’t still controversial. There are some experimental treatments not yet readily available that show real promise though. I will be watching that line of research and those tests.
Stella chewed up a special houseplant today so Kay has taken Cesar Milan’s advice and is establishing herself as alpha, leader of the pack. LOL. I always thought she just watched “The Dog Whisperer” because she loved the sound of Cesar’s voice. (Well, I know she has a thing for Ricardo Montalban’s voice.) Seems she was actually paying attention to what he said. There are some crude comments I am so-o-o tempted to make about Kay being the alpha of our little pack, especially since all three dogs are large breed females. (I know. I know. But, I spent 20 years in the military. Old bad habits are hard to break. What can I say? However, so far I’ve managed to show restraint. I don’t want to end up being the only dog that actually has to sleep in the doghouse. The she-pack sleeps in the kitchen. :-Jim)

Ozone, AR(Zone 6a)

Carrie, I wish your DH would join us too. But some men just can't let go of their machoism in place of common sense.LOL
My DH would never have complained of his medical aches and pains to anyone but me. The only reason he did to me was cause i could read him like a book and knew exactly how good or bad he felt.

Jim, Please don't give the Gorgyle a purse. I love those beautiful ugly ceatures.They scare away evil spirits.
I've read somewhere that singing and group singing is good therepy and it gets one out among other people.Hope she comes to love the country too.

This message was edited Feb 23, 2010 11:24 PM

Midland City, AL

I wish he would too. It is scary always being outnumbered. LOL. If the opposite gender ever decides to gang up and turn on me, I haven't got a chance!
To be honest though, if a male nurse hadn't told me that women deal with physical pain better than men (It is common knowledge among medical professionals.) and, I hadn't decided to find out what women's pain tolerence secret was, I wouldn't be writing this. I purchased a DG subscription for Kay to encourage her to learn to use a computer. I had no intention of using it myself.) Ironically, the only coping mechanism I've found that is different, is women talk about the pain their in. That seems to be the only secret to their heightened ability to deal with chronic pain. LOL. If I had not learned this from experience, if someone had tried to tell me this. I wouldn't have believed them. Jim

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

It's "common knowledge" among women that having a good cry or not bottling things up makes you feel better, then you turn to the next thing.

SE/Gulf Coast Plains, AL(Zone 8b)

Okay, Vickie, I'll let him bring the gargoyle back into civilization if he doesn’t give him a “man bag.” Nadine had a gothic thing going just outside the back door. (There is a faux ruin at Chanticleer Gardens she thought was totally cool so she decided to do something “heavy and dark”.) That is how the gargoyle came to be here. She had the drainage ditch that keeps water from overflowing into Jim’s work room looking like a mote. And the bridge across to the back door looking like a drawbridge. When she left for CT and I took over I changed it to a nautical look. The dragon in the mote became a sea serpent and the drawbridge became a gangplank.
Little boys especially seem to miss the ugly little gargoyle and the dragon in the mote. It may be sexist, but I think there needs to be two different children’s gardens. One for the boys and tomboys (The gargoyle can reside over that one.) and one for the pretty and frilly crowd.
Doing the decorative work on the porch rail planter. Still getting down into the 20’s at night so I only have winter sown sweet pea seeds in it so far. Kay*
P.S. The pink, plastic flamingos still have to stay at the creek. I told the GC who gave them to me that flamingos need water. :-)

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

LOL, good call, Kay.

Ozone, AR(Zone 6a)

Sure nuff good call Kay. Carries was too.I can cry for sad,happy and mad. Helps alot.
I think i'll be able to work outside next week.NO snow in the forcast and 50s and 60s for highs. What more could one ask for.
Kay, You sure give me lots of ideas for flowerbed ideas. But i always get outside and end up going completely natural.Well except for angels. I've got to do those purses tho.Been thinking about them all winter. Got one of my small checks today and went straight to town and bought several little windchimes at Dollar Tree before they sold out.
My want to and my cando have got to get together. I get exhausted doing nothing.
Everyone sleep good May your angel carry your pain away for the night.
Hugs
Vickie

Vickie, what kind of angel figures appeal most to you? One of my sisters started collecting all things with angels worked into the design. But, quickly began to run out of room so focused her collecting on seraphim. From the way she talks, I’m assuming in the language of collectors, cherubim are the child-like figures and seraphim are based on the adult human figure. Definitely, not what one learns in theology class, but artist and decorative art collectors don’t bother themselves with things like historical accuracy. I suspect if seraphim were always depicted as they were described, that work would most likely be collected by science fiction art collectors. As described in the Bible and Hebrew text, they sound more than a little scary.
When I was little there was a classic lithograph that hung over the headboard of my bed. It depicted two barefoot children crossing a rickety bridge over a mountain chasm with a guardian angel hovering over them. I wish I could find a copy of that litho again. As a child, I loved that picture.
Sheri, I’m going to hold off another week before mailing plants out. The extended forecast still has nights in the 30’s. It seems Spring is not going to arrive until the actual calendar date this year. It had BETTER arrive by then!
I will be so glad to finish all the hard-scaping. It is working with the plants themselves I enjoy. The hard-scaping is just plain WORK. I have to move some plants tomorrow before I can do the hard-scaping so tomorrow will be “fun” work. Well, I don’t think it’s a contradiction in terms. Some around here might disagree. LOL. Kay*

Ozone, AR(Zone 6a)

I love all angels from little cherubs to sweet faced to stern messangers. My favorite is probably Michael the messenger.I really beleive i have an angel that alwys drives with me. I have never had an accident nor a traffic ticket.And it seems sometimes someone seems to guide me in avoiding any. As i say this i remember last spring when i slid off into a deep ditch during a thunderstorm.The car just sorta headed gently into the ditch. I was'nt hurt nor was the car. A super nice State Patrolman came out and stayed with me till a wrecker came to pull my car out.He let me sit in the front seat of his cruiser and we talked about roses and deer hunting.God sends angels to fools and little children. Did you see the movie"The Seventh Seal" with Demi Moore?
Kay, I had the same picture of an Angel with the little girl and boy over my bed except it was a simple color print. I loved mine too.
I want to move my containers tomorrow. Which means i'll move one container and spend the rest of the day recouping.
I injoyed my split pea soup and will probably finish it off tonight.
Good night all
Vickie

Midland City, AL

Thanks for the seeds, Vickie. Kay is especially excited about the Nicotiana and, of course, I'm looking forward to adding another coleus to my collection.. Would you consider parsley in one of the purse planters? Do you use it in cooking? I thought of it as just a garnish before I came here. Didn't know about flat-leaf parsley. You probably still have a wait until you can plant basil, but parsley is an herb that thrives in cool weather.
Crosses are Kay's collectible. My favorite is one Kay bought from a man at the rescue mission. It is made from thousands of matchstickes and beautifully decorated. She collects them made from all sorts of materials and all the different styles. It is the only thing she collects, unless you count plants. I'm the collector in the house, everything from old comic books to Star Trek memoribilia.
At Kay's family Christmas party, they exchange tree ornaments. Most of them home-made. One year I was given an angel tree topper. It is crocheted, I think. But, somehow they made the crochet stiff. Have you ever seen one of those. It is my favorite Christmas decoration. I've always been curious about how it was made. (Jim)

Ozone, AR(Zone 6a)

Jim, Some people heavily starch crochet and there is something in a spraycan at hobby lobby that is a permanent stifner.

I've seen some beautiful crosses.The plain ones make a statement by themselves. I have a tiny one made from marble. I saw one made from Railroad crosstye nails that i remember being impressive.
I love making Christmas ornaments. Right now i'm saving catfood cans for scenic decorations. All my famiy are over run with ornaments. As with everthing else i tend to natural decorations. Tho lately i'm getting into more formal stuff. Don't think that will last long tho.
I've got both kinds of parsley. Am going out for herbs in a big way this year. Sure hope my want to does'nt outdo my can do.I don't want to plant anything for another month. This years weather has been too weird.

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

(Nodding in agreement to everything just said.)

Midland City, AL

We got to talking about the movie, The Seventh Seal. It is available now on NetFlicks so we decided to order it.
We use a lot of parsley in cooking here so EVERYONE made sure to buy a package of parsley. LOL. Now, we will have to find even more uses for parsley. (Jim)

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Vickie sent me seeds!!!!
I guess I will be sowing some seeds this year - I wasn't sure.

So, Carrie DOES believe in seed magic! Just remember you still shouldn't believe everything that man with the magic bean seeds tells you. .Jack was just one lucky dude. He really should have hung onto that cow! Kay*.

Vickie - Your sweet note and gift of lemon basil seeds really touched my heart. Thank you!! You are a special friend to share with so many of us.
I am so excited about the lemon basil. Lemon is one of my favorite fragrances and each year I have lemon thyme. I had not known of the Basil until I received your gift.

Love and prayers,

Sheri

Ozone, AR(Zone 6a)

Well gee, I had to do something to make myself beleive spring was coming.

Ozone, AR(Zone 6a)

Kay, Don't think i've ever looked on the practical side of J and the bean stalk. I would have taken the beans too.
Hope you injoy the Seventh Seal as much as i did. It's not a happy show. It's at least a 3 tissue show. The ending is still great.

Funny the way memory works over many years. We all remember the movie, but you would think to listen to us we were describing 5 different movies. There was a lot of "I don't remember that scene!" The best solution seemed to be to watch it all over again. Then, we can just settle in to arguing over how it fits into the history of cinema and whether or not it had cultural significance. LOL. That would be good. We’ve exhausted the “Was Doris Day really a great talent?”argument. We need something else to argue about. LOL.
Well, I guess it really depends on the type of cow and the bean. If it was a milk cow past her prime and the beans were Kentucky Wonder, it might have been a good deal. Personally, I’ve always suspected the magic bean seeds were Kentucky Wonder. We just aren’t given enough information about that cow to be sure how good the deal was. ROFL. I lay awake many hours as a child pondering the mysteries of my bedtime stories.
When the Nicotiana is in bloom, I’ll make sure to blow the scent in the direction of Arkansas.
Amargia received a wonderful letter from the elder sister of our sponsored child in India. She explained her little brother can’t write well yet and told us how the family decided to spend the last funds we mailed. I like the way this program is operated! A MUCH higher percentage of the money actually goes to those who need it and not to support the organization. That is a complaint I’ve heard about a more secular organization doing similar work. The family has real input about what to purchase with the money. After all, they know best what would be most useful to them. They bought cots to sleep on and a steel cabinet to store school books out of the damaging humidity. Jim said his back hurt just reading about sleeping on the floor. It does make us fully realize how much good fortune we actually have.
Better run intervene on puppy’s behalf. Jim just yelled “Stella!!!” She probably just stole his house shoes again. She doesn’t chew them up thankfully. She just collects every shoe she finds and takes them to her “house.” LOL. Kay*

Ozone, AR(Zone 6a)

OH Kay, You just made my night and day tomorrow. The mental picture of Stella sneaking through the house with everyones shoes is a riot.I can't quit laughing. I'm picturing Scooby Doo. So i've probably seen it.
Thanks for keeping us up to date on your Indian child.
It helps to keep us aware that there are people everywhere worse off than us.
Mine are local and i don't do as much as i should.
I've got one Easter lily that blooms in June. I'll blow the fragrance back to you.
I bought a hand weed digger last year on sale at Atwoods. Have decided it's good for everything in pots. It's just a 2 prong longhandled fork.I used it to scrape a few leaves out today.
Hope everyone sleeps well tonight.
Vickie

Pleasureville, KY(Zone 6a)

Just wanted to check in and let everyone know that I am recoupering well, was in the hospital for a week in complete renal faiure from a virus. Kidneys are functioning at about 40% and have a long way to go before I am able to do much.

Not a plea for pity, just a request to keep me in your thoughts and prayers.

Oh, Bonnie! You are definitely in our prayers. Thanks for letting us know what is going on. I was imagining you away lounging on a warm beach somewhere! I SO wish I had been right! Are the doctors expecting full recovery or was there permanent damage?
Vickie, Stella is a lovable brat. She seems to have changed her mind about men and decided to transfer her affections to Jim. This means, it is his attention she is always after so it is mostly his stuff she appropriates. He is the only one she will listen to. I think it is because he uses his Sergeant voice. I wouldn’t be surprised if he had her saluting by the end of the month. I learned today she is mostly something called a Walker hound. I don’t know much about dog breeds so I’m off to Google Walker hound. I hope her eating slows down as she matures. She eats as much as Taterdog and Fenny together.
Sponsoring Rahul is Jim’s way of balancing what he sees as Amargia’s “sexist attitude about who we offer assistance to.” 90% of those who have stayed at Amargia while they got their feet back under them have been female. I don’t really consider that sexist. We don’t have a lot extra to share so I like the idea of getting the most positive results from what little excess we do have. Even the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation have discovered that you get the maximum bang for the buck investing in women. Women have a way of multiplying the investment and the society they are in benefits. The small loan program for women in India has done especially well. You have situations like the one where a woman took out a small loan to buy a sewing machine and ended up starting a business and hiring other women in her community. Ironically, this matricentric approach has done
Especially well in male dominated societies. Excuse me. I’ll stash my soapbox away now.
I was ecstatic when I read the weather report on my Home Page and learned lows would be in the 60’s. Then, I saw why. Rain, and more rain! Is that just a Deep South thing? Cloudy days mean trapped ground heat so temps are higher. Does it work differently in the North? Kay*

Kay thanks for your thoughts. My adventure did start with a vacation, came home and was home about a week before I became ill with a stomach virus, uncontrolled vomiting and diahrrhea, and ultimate dehydration, which put me into complete renal failure. When released from the hospital last Thursday, my kidneys were operating at 40% and the Dr's are hopeful for a better recovery, maybe not 100%, but better.

I go back to nephrologist tomorrow for more tests which will determine the course of my treatment. Possible dialysis for awhile, so it is one of the "wait and see" situations for the present.

I did have plenty of time in the hospital to peruse the bird books and am anxious to get out and see what kinds of feathered friends are visiting my feeders. Thanks again for that thoughful exchange.

Just keep me in your thoughts and prayers and wishes for a complete and speedy recovery.

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

"Just keep me in your thoughts and prayers and wishes for a complete and speedy recovery." of course, you got it, Bonnie! Get totally well very soon!!!

Hope you are feeling okay today, Bonnie. I am curious about something. Is there a story behind your user name or did you just pull it out of the air? My memory isn’t all that great anymore. So I create these mental images to help me remember things. Jim teases me about the one I created to remember defoecat; It is a woman with a French accent (I borrowed the image of a French Resistance heroine from some old late night movie I saw.) The “foe” she does battle with is, of course, a wicked feline.
Jim saw something odd out the kitchen window last night. He stood there for several minutes unable to comprehend what he was seeing. He told me in a quiet, spooky voice there was a bluish-white glow flittering along the ground just on the edge of the woods beyond the w/c garden. We knew there was no one out there. All three dogs were outside and none were barking. He speculated it might be foxfire or something like that. Then suddenly, he doubled over laughing. When he got his breath, he marched out on the porch and bellowed, “Stella!!!” Stella came out of the woods carrying one of the garden solar torches in her mouth. I had mounted most of them on poles, but had left a few just stuck in the flower beds to light the front walk and accent some plants. Stella had snatched one of those. Don’t ask me why.
My GD said we need to mount one of the lights permanently on Stella’s potty tree for nighttime. After all, the woods are a dark, scary place and Stella is only a puppy from the city where the nights are lit up by electric lights. She explained Stella needs the equivalent of the Little Mermaid nightlight we put in the bathroom for her when she was small. LOL. Makes as much sense as anything I can come up with. Big, bad Fenny-dog is afraid of thunder so why should it surprise me if Stella turns out to be afraid of the dark.
Good to see your post, Carrie. I was a little worried about you. Any sign of Spring there yet? Kay*

Kay, my screen name is a combination of a small town near where I live (defoe, Ky) and at the time was mom to the only cat I ever owned, hence defoecat.

Too funny about Stella and the landscape light, it probably would have scared the bejebers out of me to see that sight.

Ozone, AR(Zone 6a)

Bonnie, Hope all is going ok with you.You know you're in my thoughts and prayers.All that hospital stuff must have scared you to death too.Are you suppose to drink lots of water and liquids?

Wish i could have seen Stella and the light. Up here the first thought would have been"Good Greif! The bears are getting intelligent." We always blame everything on the bears.Kay you'll have to keep track of all of Stella,s adventures and write a book and become millionaires.Love the GD,s reasoning too.
Glad you posted too Carrie.

I've got crocus blooming,buds on my daffodils,a few Daylilly leaves poking thru.buds on my forsythia,and hyacynths a few violets showing. It's amazing what a couple warm sunshiny days can do.
Had doctors appointment and shopping to do in town today. Tomorrow i HAVE to clean house.
Hugs to all,
Vickie

Ya-a-a-a. ! It's here! Spring is finally here! It is amazing isn't it? Peaches and plums are blooming. Jonquils are in full glory. Not those anemic looking blooms that poke their heads up on warm winter days, but the exuberent, screaming yellow, real spring blooms with their rich bouquet. And, my absolute favorite, wild jasmine (aka: Carolina Jessamine.) Time to start planting in earnest!
The worst of the predicted rain missed here. A little farther north 4 inches fell today. Hope Scraps was spared the downpour.
When Mike (Nadine's Dad) was in dialysis, they actually limited the amount of fluid he could have. That surprised me. Relatively minor infections were the only kidney problems I had personal experience with. For that, of course, the doctors insist you drink as much water and cranberry juice as you possibly can.
Hope J. gets out of the hospital soon. Our daily visits with their 30 minute drive and sitting long periods in those hard molded plastic chairs is taking its toll on Jim. Kay*

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

It's actual, just like it's supposed to be, early spring up here. Earliest crocuses blooming - they're on the driver's side of the car and I haven't driven in 2-3 months, goodness gracious! But DH tells me they're blooming. I've been so busy (DD#2 "Super Sweet 16 party") plus reflooring my BR and the kitchen (which are real eye-sores) and as long as we're doing that we might as well paint, but in order to paint DH has to move all HIS JUNK out of certain areas.

IB (the company that bought Dave's Garden) has finally come up with contract language we Writers feel we can sign, so you can expect to see some *n*e*w* articles soon instead these re-runs.

That's great, Carrie. On one of the forums weeks ago, I read something about writers getting $10 an article. That was absurd! I can remember getting $50 just for a few paragraphs in women's magazines and that was back in the 80's. Better watch the home improvement projects. They have a way of snowballing and before you realize, you are remodeling the whole house! LOL.
Vickie, turns out we WERE talking about two different movies. Some of us were thinking about The 7th Seal and others The 7th Sign. Popcorn is popping for The 7th Sign which is the apocalypse movie, we THINK. LOL. Is it time to get the oxalis in the mail?
J. is home from the hospital and her children are here. I’ve forgotten how exhausting having small children around 24-7 is. I think I would get overwhelmed if I had to do it alone, even without depression. They still haven’t got their sleep patterns back in place. So, we are putting in some weird hours. Amargia is not going to be open for the Spring season, except to the core group. We have to pay for J.’s meds out of pocket (ouch!) and we want to help her provide for the children until she can work again. We’ve learned J. is good at painting and cooking. (She actually finds house painting relaxing. Takes all kinds, I guess. LOL.) Both are jobs Jim dislikes, that usually fall to him so he is happy as a clam to have her here LOL. I will enjoy having children around again. Kids are fun when you can pass around the responsibility so everyone gets an occasional break. J. considers it a luxury to spend 30 minutes in the tub uninterrupted. LOL.
You’re still in our prayers and thoughts, Bonnie.
Do you think I could mail the plants yet, Sheri, without damage to the aloe? In other words, is it still getting below 45 in your area?
Good night, Everyone. Kay*

Kay - last night's low was 39*, so we are pretty close. There are a couple more weeks of possible night frosts. But Spring is deffinately just peeking around the corner. I have lovely lavender and butter yellow Crocuses popping up and daffodills everywhere. birds are beginning to hunt for the best nest sights and life is returning to the dull winter world.
Being a spring baby myself, I just naturally come to life also!! By "baby" brother was born on Easter Sunday and my birthday is always on or near Mother's day.
Even the Hummers will be here soon!!

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Yes, the birds are chirping up here so something spring-like must be going on out there. Up here lots of folks are of Irish descent, so 3/17 is a big party. I abstain, DH gets depressed b/c he misses his Irish parents (who would be way past 100 were they still with us) and DD wears green clothes and a "Kiss me, I'm 25% Irish" button.

Midland City, AL

No one here has any Irish blood to their knowledge, but we offer our favorite Irish blessings.
May you always have walls for the winds. A roof for the rain. Tea beside the fire, and all your heart's desire.
&
“May you be in Heaven half and hour before the Devil knows your dead.”
Hope everyone had a great day! Amargia
'Santa Rosa' plum in bloom.

Thumbnail by seacanepain
Ozone, AR(Zone 6a)

Spring has sprung here too. but not the next couple of nights, We may get snow by Saturday,My yellow and cream daffodils, pink hyacinths and purple crocus are blooming away.Most of my Daylillys have green shoots.I managed to rake the leaves away in a small spot and green grass is showing.Iris leaves are coming up. catnip is coming up. Buds on the dogwoods are starting to swell.
Walmarts has green plants in. I had to buy a spring pinks plant that came from Troup TX close to where we used to live. Also got a Lemon Thyme plant that came from Bonnies Farms in Alabama. Stopped by our local nursery and bought some potting soil. They had some pink and white varigated creeping phlox.
I'm on the mend. I had some kind of stomach problem,thats getting better. DD called me yesterday and told me she had made an appointment for me to see a doctor. I was kinda glad. She's also gonna make me swear to be nice to the doctor. I guess doctors are a necessary evil.
Here's a salute to the Mass. Irish. God love em!
Jim, Was that tea or Irish whiskey? LOL
My BIL in E TX is in the hospital and not expected to live so may be going down there for a couple of days. His wife, my SIL is not in good health either.
Talk more later,
Vickie

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.