Photo by Melody

Accessible Gardening: Practical Matters for Physically Challenged Gardeners , 1 by lovemyhouse

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright lovemyhouse

In reply to: Practical Matters for Physically Challenged Gardeners

Forum: Accessible Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Practical Matters for Physically Challenged Gardeners
lovemyhouse wrote:
I miss lilacs, too. One of the fun things about going to visit Grandma as a kid was also getting to visit Uncle Albert and Aunt Minnie and wander around in the HUGE lilac (and snowball) bushes. There were a dozen or more between the front of the house and the driveway. Have seen some lilacs every so often on the back roads around the Dallas area; they were always on property with abandoned homesteads. In general, though, the old fashioned kind doesn't really like it here. :-) Planted a Miss Kim for my sister and, while small enough to fit her yard and smells good in flower, it isn't all that pretty to look at once the blooms fade. Hope you find one that will be content in the east corner...

My garage is detached and set at the back SE corner of the property line. Put in two climbers hoping to keep the neighborhood feral cats from using that section as a cut-through from the grass alley to the street. The roses are exceptionally healthy. In fact, they are in the process of taking over the whole corner. Didn't work on keeping out cats, but no person in their right mind would try to climb that fence!